1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

'First Impressions: Tokina 300m ƒ6.3 For µ4/3 Systems'

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RT_Panther, Sep 11, 2012.

1. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Interesting, thanks. I kinda like that donut bokeh.

2. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Well, I got as far as: "Additionally, ensure that your camera’s IS compensation is set to 600mm" and I knew there was a problem.

IS compensation should be set to 300mm, the FL of the lens. There's a thread right now about this: https://www.mu-43.com/f42/compensation-adapted-lens-32982/.

Have to believe the author would have gotten better results with a correct IS setting.

EDIT: I'm still grateful for the review, especially the pictures of the lens mounted on a camera. It's tiny! Unfortunately, this review and the others I've read suggest the lens isn't all that sharp, so I won't be buying one. Which is a shame, because I'm a HUGE proponent of tiny mirror lenses, and have owned several. Still waiting I guess for the AF version.

3. Pennington

Pennington Mu-43 Regular

Can't say I'm impressed by the sample photos. As much as I'd like another super-telephoto option, this isn't a viable one (at least for me). Need something faster & sharper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.