First impressions on the OM-D...(Now with 100% more pics!)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, May 28, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Daaaaaaayummmm...I love this little guy!!!

It stopped raining today, so I went shooting for a couple of hours...

Some of the things on it are annoying, but they're generally small annoyances...HOWEVER...using the EVF is completely (and surprisingly) natural! I was so afraid that I wouldn't get used to it after years of OVF usage, but heck no! It's awesome.

The buttons are only "squishy" when I pay attention to them...in normal use, I completely forgot that I hated them. ;) ;)

The controls are really intuitive...I wish the MySets were implemented better and that the Fn1/2/REC buttons could be assigned more stuff...buuuuut...I've got pretty much everything I want on buttons...makes for a very happy/smooth experience.

It handles great. It's tiny compared to my DSLRs (current: Canon 5D Mark II, previous: Canon 1D Mark III) and yet it feels great using it. I don't have the optional grip for the OM-D and didn't feel like I needed it...yay.

The files are noisier than my full frame DSLR's (duh!), buuuuut...I'm happy with them. And DAMN you can push these suckers in post processing...I don't process a lot and like to get things in camera, but it's nice to have the option to tinker without the files falling apart!

I've got more to say, but I need to make dinner and go to bed...so...here are some pics:

8866449859_538decc946_b.
    EDITTU280030 by canonzenit, on Flickr

8866450055_c4a6766c78_b.
    EDITTU280019 by canonzenit, on Flickr

8867060152_d3f572018e_b.
    EDITTU280007 by canonzenit, on Flickr

This guy was spending waaaaay too much time/money on a claw machine that hands out cheap crap haha....

8866452543_b75dc661c1_b.
    EDITTU280014 by canonzenit, on Flickr

2. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Very nice shots... I'm on my 3rd week now myself and absolutely love it!!

3. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks! :)

Yeah, it's definitely a fun little camera! I just have to get a few more things for it (new strap, remote, etc)...damn...on my way to work I remembered something else I really liked about it and now I forgot it...I'll post it when it pops into my head again. :D

4. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Hahahaha.. When my think tank gets here later this week I'm going to start bringing it to work.. I miss lunch time walkarounds

5. abepak

abepak Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2013
    SFV, CA
    Haha yeah. I would have gladly gave up Art and SCN mode on the dial for a MySet1 and MySet2. Heck, I would have replaced P mode for iAuto and add a Myset3 to that slot.

6. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Yeah, I really only use M...ever. Mode dials without custom options are a complete waste for me haha.

7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Same... I really wanted to like the ART modes but I rarely shoot JPG.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.