1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

First impressions on the OM-D...(Now with 100% more pics!)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, May 28, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Daaaaaaayummmm...I love this little guy!!!

It stopped raining today, so I went shooting for a couple of hours...

Some of the things on it are annoying, but they're generally small annoyances...HOWEVER...using the EVF is completely (and surprisingly) natural! I was so afraid that I wouldn't get used to it after years of OVF usage, but heck no! It's awesome.

The buttons are only "squishy" when I pay attention to them...in normal use, I completely forgot that I hated them. ;) ;)

The controls are really intuitive...I wish the MySets were implemented better and that the Fn1/2/REC buttons could be assigned more stuff...buuuuut...I've got pretty much everything I want on buttons...makes for a very happy/smooth experience.

It handles great. It's tiny compared to my DSLRs (current: Canon 5D Mark II, previous: Canon 1D Mark III) and yet it feels great using it. I don't have the optional grip for the OM-D and didn't feel like I needed it...yay.

The files are noisier than my full frame DSLR's (duh!), buuuuut...I'm happy with them. And DAMN you can push these suckers in post processing...I don't process a lot and like to get things in camera, but it's nice to have the option to tinker without the files falling apart!

I've got more to say, but I need to make dinner and go to bed...so...here are some pics:

8866449859_538decc946_b.
    EDITTU280030 by canonzenit, on Flickr

8866450055_c4a6766c78_b.
    EDITTU280019 by canonzenit, on Flickr

8867060152_d3f572018e_b.
    EDITTU280007 by canonzenit, on Flickr

This guy was spending waaaaay too much time/money on a claw machine that hands out cheap crap haha....

8866452543_b75dc661c1_b.
    EDITTU280014 by canonzenit, on Flickr

2. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Very nice shots... I'm on my 3rd week now myself and absolutely love it!!

3. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks! :)

Yeah, it's definitely a fun little camera! I just have to get a few more things for it (new strap, remote, etc)...damn...on my way to work I remembered something else I really liked about it and now I forgot it...I'll post it when it pops into my head again. :D

4. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Hahahaha.. When my think tank gets here later this week I'm going to start bringing it to work.. I miss lunch time walkarounds

5. abepak

abepak Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2013
    SFV, CA
    Haha yeah. I would have gladly gave up Art and SCN mode on the dial for a MySet1 and MySet2. Heck, I would have replaced P mode for iAuto and add a Myset3 to that slot.

6. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Yeah, I really only use M...ever. Mode dials without custom options are a complete waste for me haha.

7. ahuyevshi

ahuyevshi Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 9, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Same... I really wanted to like the ART modes but I rarely shoot JPG.