first impressions GH2 vs GH1 (video)

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by mike kobal, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mike kobal

mike kobal Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 6, 2010
    hi guys,
    check the video-direct link below
    Reminds Me: Christy Thompson: Panasonic Lumix GH1 and GH2 « Mike Kobal
    got the Gh2 towards the end of this shoot, shot everything at 720/60p, at that setting, the footage looks pretty much the same, from both cameras. (GH1 was not hacked). My first impressions of the Gh2 during this shoot: The high resolution viewfinder is a dream to use, the higher refresh rate is also very nice, af is a lot faster, being able to connect an external monitor and using it during recording is also great! Overall, its a big improvement over its predecessor. The control button layout changed which made it frustrating going back and forth between the two cams, and the batteries are not compatible. Another thing I noticed, the white balance presets on the GH2 are totally off, I am going to wait on the final verdict on that until I receive my second GH2, but it looks like Panasonic tuned the wb towards brown/yellow. The AWB works fine and everything is as it should be using K settings (2.5k -10k), but forget the daylight, cloudy, shade and tungsten presets, they are way off.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Mu-43 Regular

Whew, impressive clip! Really superb.
    And may I say Christy is just stunning.
  3. mike kobal

mike kobal Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 6, 2010
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Amazing work, Mike. Thanks for sharing with us!
  5. elshaneo

elshaneo Mu-43 Regular

Jul 26, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks a lot for sharing with us. I'm really impressed !!!
  6. mike kobal

mike kobal Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 6, 2010
    thanks Amin and elshaneo