1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

First image of the Olympus Pen F

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by oly.sol, Jan 13, 2016.

1. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    that w/ the optional grip attached, of course. i hope to see more pics soon. would like to see a few different angles.

3. physicsdude

physicsdude Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2014
    KS
    Jan
    round evf-rubber and shutter button on the front?

4. kreegah bundolo

kreegah bundolo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    Sweden, north of the dalälv
    Johan
    A minute later in Gimp oly_pen-f_f001.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    As oly.sol said, that's with an optional grip attached (I like that they have the acra plate cut in to it though), but with the 75mm mounted to it, it gives you an idea of the size. It also looks like three dials, so a mode dial, exposure comp, and then the front adjustment dial, likely with an additional dial on the rear of the camera. The EVF also appears to be round rather than rectangular.

• Like Like x 1
  6. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    looks so much better without the grip. looks like no flash on this one.

7. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    I really like it, I would shoot that for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    the more i look at it, the more i like it. but i think i like the ep5 design better which is a bit of a relief. i really took advantage of that robert's camera sale and was worried that i'd see the f and get immediate gas. call me shallow, but i like a sexy camera. the ep5 is already feature packed, more camera than most people will ever need...so i'm content no matter what the specs of the f are. and my wallet is thankful that the f doesn't make the 5 look like an old hag. nevertheless, there will be an f in my future, maybe a year or so from now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. kingduct

kingduct Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    To me, it looks like it is designed to attract people who like the aesthetic look of the Fuji X cameras. (Both to get people to migrate from Fuji and to get keep customers who might be thinking about switching.)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    is it me or does that 75 like different?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    It's a GM5 on steroids!

Gotta say, if that's the real thing, the EP-series looked much more aesthetically pleasing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    i agree. not a bad plan. to be successful, oly will have to step up it's lens game. i love oly lenses, but folks interested in these cameras don't want to slap the pro lenses on a body like this. i'm hoping they release some new vintage-y, full metal primes. the potential is here. i think the pen line could do great business for oly if they manage for success.

13. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    Munich
    Ian
    I wonder if it has the famed Olympus "wobble sensor"? On a 20mp base one you could get 64mp!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

14. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Isn't that what Olympus already offer in the 12mm/f2, 17mm/f1.8 and 75mm/f1.8. Yes, certainly there are some gaps that could be filled, but I'd assume the rumored f1.2 lenses would do some of that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  15. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'd be happy with metal and snap ring versions of the 25mm 1.8 and 45mm 1.8 to match the 12/17/75. That would be a nice set of street lenses right there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Yes for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Looks pretty big - not quite GX8 sized but getting there. It's definitely a top of the line model though, judging by all the controls.

19. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    That's a lot of dials! Not as much my style as the GX7, but given that Pany went big with the GX8, if this ends up smaller in the hand then Olympus might finally have made a digital I can get along with :)

This is definitely a huge departure from the Pen F, though... That half-frame's been my film go-to since last summer, and it's interesting to me that the OM-D line hews so much closer to its film brethren than the digital Pen series has.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    Maybe that front dial spins the sensor - Horizontal > Dutch Tilt right > Dutch Tilt left > Vertical. No more need to turn the camera and a vertical sensor! /s
    :laugh1:

• Funny Funny x 3