1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

First Hike with E-PL2

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Djarum, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    So I've had the E-PL2 for a little over a week now. I've been using my e-P1 for almost a year, so I had some idea what to expect. These were mostly OOC except a little cropping on some. The last one is using the Dramatic tone. I think the last one is my favorite.

CC is always welcome.

P9100126s.JPG

P9100129s.JPG

P9100136s.JPG

P9100153s.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I especially liked the last shot.

Looks like we have a similar eye!

P1000230-L.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    When we go hiking up on top of these hills(they call them mountains, but they aren't very high), the only place there is a clearing to get a good view is sometimes where the power lines go over them. Thanks for the comments.

4. hypervel

hypervel Mu-43 Regular

Aug 30, 2011
    #3 indeed. There's a grace to these structures many people miss. Nice shots all around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Nice! And the last two really bring me back to my childhood on Monte Sano

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1
  6. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

Keep shooting, great shots. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Avidone,
    Are you familiar with the area?

This was on green mountain. A few years back they put a trail that starts at four mile post road at the top of green mountain and goes along the top of green mounyptain. That shot is looking out at the Hampton cove area.

8. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Well, I grew up there and parts of my family have been there for about 200 years (in and around Huntsville, we moved to Monte Sano in 1966). All the place names sound familiar, except Hampton grove, which may be relatively new, but I can no longer focus the relative geography in my head... I left about 32 years ago and have only been back a few times. The antenna must belong to one of the TV stations on Monte Sano, though, no? As I recall channels 19 and 31 were across from my elementary school and the other (48?) was built later below Burritt museum hill. My dad is still on Monte Sano and aunts and cousins are scattered around Huntsville and Madison, but last time I was there was very briefly in 2003

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roark

Roark Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Great shots! The first one you have posted looks like an album cover.

• Like Like x 1
  10. glasgowlass

glasgowlass Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Very nice pictures

• Like Like x 1
  11. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Only one station left on monte Sano, waay 31. 19 still has a tower there though.I've done hiking on Monte Sano as well. Hampton cove is on 431 just over Monte sano going south.

Green mountain is south of Monte Sano around the Jones valley area. This radio tower. belongs to an FM station I think. You need to come back over here. The area has grown a good bit.