First GX7 pictures

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Talanis, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Talanis

Talanis Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2012
    Sherbrooke, Canada
    Eric Cote

43rumors just posted some pictures of the next GX7 with the supposed spec-list

(FT5) First image of the new Panasonic GX7! | 43 Rumors

I was thnking about buying a G6 for video but I wished there was an IBIS version. If the specs are true, that's my next camera and it will complete my set with the OM-D.
  2. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    I saw their post asking people to find an image and wondered how long that would take.

I just ordered an EP5, so I hope this doesn't become available for a while.
  3. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    It's a shame that Olympus has ignored implementing any competitive video features in their recent models. IMO, that's the only thing keeping the E-P5 and E-M5 from near perfection. And on the other side of the coin, the only thing keeping the G6 and GH3 from near perfection is the lack of any kind of stabilization. The GX-7 looks like a step closer to the best of both brands. Granted, it's only a 2-axis system, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out in practice. If the rumors are right--GH3 video, multi-aspect sensor, and all--then I could definitely see myself grabbing one not too long after release.
  4. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    That looks just about perfect.
  5. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    WOW, 43rumors said that it would have GH3 video capabilities. That is a game changer. Not sure about the protruding EVF, I would like to see a front view of that. Of course, you could get used to it .........
  6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    If it's real, my only questions would be how long to wait and for the price to drop how far before I get one
  7. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    They are definitely going after Olympus here.
  8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    The built-in, tilt-able, EVF will also make a difference for many like me. Video not so much, although I acknowledge it's an important capability in the scheme of things.
  9. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    ermahgerd ermahgerd ermahgerd
  10. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    NEX-6 for m4/3rds, about blooming time.
    I hope EVERYONE buys one and I can get my mitts on a used e-pL6 or e-P5 quicker than anticipated...
  11. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    To a degree, but I think it is also targeting Sony even more.
  12. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON
    That looks pretty damn exactly like what I had wished the E-P5 would be :)
    Although it only has one dial... being picky now :p
  13. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Wow, interesting. It looks like a Fuji X-E1 and GX1 and EP5 all mixed together. Neat looking, and promising for a GX1 upgrade for me :2thumbs:
  14. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Why a 7? Why not a 2? How do we count from 1 to 7 in one go? Very wierd, Panasonic.

I guess they are channeling the original American space program with its seven astronauts, lol -- all the capsules were named "Something 7".
  15. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    It looks to me like there is a dial around the shutter button, just as on the E-M5. I don't see a reason to have it raised like that if it wasn't a dial. I could be wrong of course, but I hope not. This is the camera I have been waiting for. It has everything in one package that I want. EVF, built in flash, low profile, buttons/dials, IBIS. I just hope the sensor is as good as the GH3/E-M5 or better.
  16. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    I read elsewhere someplace that it was to avoid people getting confused by a GX2 being higher up the line and a later release than a GH3 or G6, so they jumped to GX7 to make it clearer this is the new kid in town, I guess.

Not sure if that's true, but it sounds about right to me, knowing how most marketing works.
  17. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Gut. Zehr gut.
  18. Ian.

Ian. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2013
    What does that mean? Gut feeling?

My first though was Fuji look-alike.

Anyway another m43 gem. Setting the bar higher which will result in better Olympuses in the future. Making the m43 ecosphere even more attractive. People will be dumping their Nikons and Canons as fast as they can.

I like the EVF without a lump.
  19. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    To me it looks EXACTLY like a NEX-6 with a tilty EVF. Even the flash is the same position!
  20. rnagoda

rnagoda Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This looks pretty neat. Assuming you can get a detachable grip for it, I'll be looking at picking one up and dumping my GX1 and GH2 ...

I seriously doubt that will be the norm ...