1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

First Grabs with New Pen.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nwheal, Jan 6, 2012.

1. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Well I finally managed to try out the Pen today.

I must say I am loving the ease of use and the accessibility of the all menu items by means of the centre button and jog wheel.

Still getting used to camera but loving the lightness and the x2 crop.

Here are several shots taken whilst on the way back to station from office, have used a couple of the art filters which I love the idea of just need to have a play with them.

• Like Like x 5
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Welcome to mu-43, and thanks for posting some shots! Particularly fond of the first one, though the colors on the third are nice.

Which Pen did you end up getting?

3. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Thanks for the welcome WT21,

After shedding all my Nikon gear I treated myself to the E-P3 Twin Lens Kit, along with the 45mm ƒ1.8.

Hopefully next week I will get the 75-300 or I might go for the 9-18 unsure yet.

Regards

Nigel

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Please do keep posting. Some good first stuff there.

5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Welcome to the party mate . U will love this camera more and more . Its not like DSLR when u are much more enthusiastic in starting and that zest and zeal gradually fades . Its totally opposite , I dont remember even a single day when I havent used my camera . Its so much fun . I love Olympus 45mm 1.8 a lot .
    Hope to see some more pics .
    Cheers

6. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    Will Do...

7. nwheal

nwheal Mu-43 Regular

Jan 1, 2012
    Kent, England
    It is an infectious little beast...... One thing I will have to get my head around is trying to control the in camera processing, what functions to turn off so I can maintain control of the processing. The first image in the thread seems to be suffering will a lot of noise reduction or some thing it has been smoothed out quite a lot.

I am sure I will find a thread or two on here about fine tuning the settings.

Thanks for the welcome.