First football scrimmage today---First game 09/02/2021

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
This morning my wife and I traveled to our favorite high school and its really strong football team, the Grizzlies, to photograph the first scrimmage with game officials with the chance to pick the best for the season which starts soon. Northwest has been the runner-up in our State finals for the past three years and each year that was the only game they lost. Recruiters follow this team and many of the players sign for scholarships for large national universities. This year's group includes a quarterback who has accepted a full scholarship with the US Naval Academy next year. We also have a running back with lots of offers but he has two more years of high school. The average winning margin this team has overall teams it plays is a +38 points. The scrimmage was on the school field in nice and cool weather for this time of year. My estimate is they might just win it all this year.

My wife went up in the stands to photograph a parent holding a baby and when she came back down, she slipped on a wet metal stair and landed on her rear. She protected her camera and only had a bit of loss of pride and a sore bottom. She even forgave me for taking the picture before finding out if she was hurt and told me that she would have done the same. :) Her picture is the last one. The first picture is of the runner with two years more to play before graduation. He is in the dark blue jersey. The second is of the player going to the Navy. He has a bright blue shirt with a belly showing.

P8210114.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P8210193.jpg
P8210108.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom