First day with E-PL1- warning, cat pics

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by carcam, Sep 12, 2010.

1. carcam

carcam New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2010
    Great camera, reasonably fast focusing and fun art filters too. This forum has been an inspiration and see a couple more lenses in my future.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Haha - just commented on your pics on dpr. It's a small world!
  3. carcam

carcam New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2010
    Ha ha- I guess these are two good forums. I've never posted here before but I got such good info about buying the camera here, I wanted to contribute at least something. I wonder if most active m43 users check multiple forums?
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    carcam,'s true I tell ya.... sometimes some of us leave this place and wonder off to another forum. It ain't pretty out there so most come home in due time...

Tell me that they are your cats in your back yard.....
  5. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    What a lovely cat! The rightmost picture makes it look almost like a zoo setting. :)
  6. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Yes, the cat is very beautiful.
  7. carcam

carcam New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2010
    I'm real happy I stumbled upon this forum. Very supportive, informative and great members. This is a relatively new format for me and I have a lot to learn to get the most out of it.

Our cat is a Savannah. A hybrid mix that's about 1/4 African Serval. Not a sit in your lap cat, kind of wild and lots of fun.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll try posting something besides a cat next time.
  8. deirdre

deirdre Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    I was wondering! Definitely has that look of wild cat.
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome carcam. My first impression was 'zoo pictures' too. An impressive animal nicely captured.
  10. Rhys

Rhys Guest

Sep 4, 2010
    What a stunning cat! I looked into the possibility of a savannah earlier this year but decided it would be incompatible with our other cats. Maybe one day in the future though.

In the first photo it looks absolutely massive!
  11. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Great shots, beautiful cat. (I'm a cat lover, we got a siamese cat, he has such cute blue eyes).
  12. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Nice cat photos

Gorgeous cats. My sister has Bengals and they are marked up a lot like that. I would love to have either a Savannah or a Bengal.
  13. isabel95

isabel95 Mu-43 Top Veteran

As far as I'm concerned...

you can post all the cat pictures you want. I love 'em...and without my two kitties I'd have about 90% fewer images in my galleries! Your cat is GORGEOUS!
    <a href="" title="P8100399 Beegie in the Kitchen by Isabel Cutler, on Flickr">[​IMG]"871" height="673" alt="P8100399 Beegie in the Kitchen" /></a>

• Like Like x 2
  14. carcam

carcam New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2010
    Beautiful cat Isabel and great photo.

Here's another picture. He found a baby chipmunk and played with it for over an hour without hurting him. I finally rescued him because eventually he may have felt like a snack.

Attached Files:

15. isabel95

Thank you.
    I believe that's a chipmunk.
    Your cat looks huge. How much does he weigh?
    I'm amazed that he didn't munch on that baby.
  16. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    *sniff* The emotional scars may never heal ...

17. isabel95

Duh...for some reason I read "squirrel". Blame it on senioritis! Sorry.
  18. carcam

carcam New to Mu-43

Sep 12, 2010
    He's not that heavy, around 25 lbs but he is very long (40"Stretched out) and tall. Not as sweet as your lap kitty, Isabel.
  19. isabel95

25 pounds is a lot of cat! My fat cat weighs 13 lbs and that's enough for me. The skinny one weighs under 8 lbs. Just the right size for a lap cat!
  20. Chuck Pike

Chuck Pike Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2010
    Charlotte, NC.
    I tried to answer a cat thread some time ago, and couldn't find the string of messages. I have had a few published in Cat Fancy magaizne. Here is one that was a family effort. I had this six ft unbrella with studio light set up at our old piano. My wife was on one side of the key board and my son on the other side. They kept throwing the cats back into the middle of the frame. Sad note. We took this 17 years ago and we kept that orange kitten we called him O.J. He left us this past July. He was my wifes lap cat for all of those years. I hope this link works. I am still trying to get the hang of this, but if not it is on my website.