First Bokeh Attempt

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by UkrainianOne, Aug 8, 2011.

1. UkrainianOne

UkrainianOne Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    G1, 28mm Soligor Lens F=Varied

259ygw8.

23kdk5s.

Tell me what ya think :redface:

• Like Like x 5
  2. I think #3 is the most effective in both subject and background. The out-of-focus branches on the right look great!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I like the boken in the second image the best. Don't forget to have a subject. I see an awful lot of shots on flickr that are just bokeh for bokeh's sake.

Don't get me wrong....I'm fine with the subject being out of focus....or even the subject BEING the bokeh, but make sure there's a reason you're forcing the viewer the look into the blur.

You're off to a good start....keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks Luke! :cool: I seen many people post photos of thier unique and creative bokeh so i figured i give it a try with my 15$ soligor lol... I dont have much to work with in my backyard and still to anxious to take my new G1 outside of the castle walls in fear that i may drop it by accident or bang it on something!

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I second Luke, the bokeh is to compliment the image not be the image.

G

• Like Like x 1
  6. Willabeast

Willabeast Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    I agree that the 3rd image has the best composition. You've got the idea now but a sturdy strap on that camera and get out and walk around! You'll see the world with renewed vision, I'm sure! :)

7. UkrainianOne

Jul 29, 2011
    Long Island, New York
    Thanks Beast, I bought myself a nice right handed strap now i have to adjust it so it fits snuggly, im getting the hang of this :43: stuff and also my eye is being better trained for the perfect sharpness however i does make me dizzy at time :rofl: