Firmware Updates Released for DMC-GH3 & DMC-G5

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Wasabi Bob, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ConChuot

ConChuot Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Has anyone updated the new firmware for G5? Any improvement from previous one in term of focus?

2. ajm80031

ajm80031 Mu-43 Regular

According to dpreview's blurb on the firmware updates: "... version 1.1 for the G5 only corrects wording of the Motion Picture menu on cameras sold in PAL broadcast regions..." So no, it doesn't look like you should expect any difference in functionality of performance.

3. nublar

nublar Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2013
    SOCAL
    G5 Update:
    Correction of wording on [Motion Picture] menu
    Correct the wording "60p/60i/30p" of AVCHD frame rate on [Rec Quality] menu to "50p/50i/25p".
    This update is for PAL broadcast regions only, and you don't need this update if wording is already "50p/50i/25p".

GH3 Update:
    "Low Light AF" is added that makes it possible to set focus on the subject in low-lit situations (-3EV).
    "Silent Mode" is added which suppresses electronic shutter, shutter sound, operation sound and flash emission with a single setting.
    "Exposure Comp. Reset" is added which resets the setting of exposure compensation to ±0 whenever the camera is turned off or the shooting mode is changed.
    Performance of AF is enhanced in use with H-PS14042 and H-PS45175.
    Connection problem with Apple Mac computers via Wi-Fi is fixed.

4. dav1dz

dav1dz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Canada
    Low light AF is really interesting.

5. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Can someone please tell me, in language easy enough for an idiot (that would be me) to understand, how to transfer the download to the SD card and from the SD card to the GH3. I can't believe I have trouble installing new upgrades EVERY TIME, but I do. Thanks in advance.

6. Jace

Jace Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2013
    Weston, Florida
    Dr. Jay M. Sklar
    Do not use any source of info except that provided from panasonic.com as it was impossible to use provided link from this forum with windows 8 and be successful in updating GH3
    No problem at all with instructions followed from Panasonic.com
    Happy days
    Jace

7. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Your battery on your camera must be absolutely full! Download the update from panasonic. Insert your formatted card ( format in your camera first) in your computer and drag download to your card. Insert card in your camera and turn it on. Read the website for prompts from your camera. It's not worth doing for the G5, tho.

8. robonrome

robonrome New to Mu-43

Jun 17, 2013
    mac connection

I had high hopes this firmware would let me connect my Mac to the gh3 by wifi... it says it is a fix included.... can anyone explain how to do it. The Mac sees the camera and says it is connected but camera just says searching?