Firmware updates are live.

Clint

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Clint
I have a similar experience to Mack.
When I shot volleyball, when I quickly switched from player A to player B, the first shot on B was almost always out of focus. I figured out that the lens is still focusing on B when the shutter fired. By the 2nd shot, the lens has reached focus on B.
In AF-C the camera will fire the shutter, even with the lens out of focus.
Have you tried changing the C-AF Sensitivity/C-AF Lock settings? These setting make a significant change in how quickly the camera will change focus to another subject. There is also a setting to keep the camera from firing in C-AF mode if focus is not locked - that is also on the higher end Nikons as well.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Have you tried changing the C-AF Sensitivity/C-AF Lock settings? These setting make a significant change in how quickly the camera will change focus to another subject. There is also a setting to keep the camera from firing in C-AF mode if focus is not locked - that is also on the higher end Nikons as well.
For me, that sensitivity setting is a compromise that I have not found an ideal setting.
To get FAST change, it also reacts to someone crossing in front of me. Though this is more of a problem on the field than in the gym.

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Just updated my X. The process took about 10 minutes start to finish, it did require me to reset the calendar and time, all other presets appeared safe, and the bird tracking looks very promising.

I did have trouble connecting to the OI share app on my iPhone afterwards. I had to scan the QR code to even start the process of pairing, which continually failed. For me, I had to ‘forget‘ the network on my phone, and then reselect it. In doing so, I was prompted to re-enter the wifi password (found under the QR code on the camera screen), and life was good to go after that. Unsure if that helps people with the 5iii glitch or not. So a little annoying there, but otherwise it looks like I’m up and running.

Just updated my X. The process took about 10 minutes start to finish, it did require me to reset the calendar and time, all other presets appeared safe, and the bird tracking looks very promising.

I did have trouble connecting to the OI share app on my iPhone afterwards. I had to scan the QR code to even start the process of pairing, which continually failed. For me, I had to ‘forget‘ the network on my phone, and then reselect it. In doing so, I was prompted to re-enter the wifi password (found under the QR code on the camera screen), and life was good to go after that. Unsure if that helps people with the 5iii glitch or not. So a little annoying there, but otherwise it looks like I’m up and running.
On my cameras it seems like an update will often change the WiFi password in the camera, so it always needs the new password entered into the phone.

Real Name
[email protected]
Looks like they've removed the 5mkIII firmware from the site. I guess there were issues? I hadn't noticed there was an update... I haven't really whipped out the camera since October, I think. I'll check in a bit, I'll likely employ the camera for Christmas, although it might be a smaller crowd.

Real Name
Walter
Looks like they've removed the 5mkIII firmware from the site. I guess there were issues? I hadn't noticed there was an update... I haven't really whipped out the camera since October, I think. I'll check in a bit, I'll likely employ the camera for Christmas, although it might be a smaller crowd.
I thought I read somewhere that the EM5 III update messed up WiFi. Since I don't use that much, I didn't notice anything. However, I hope they come out with a fixed update soon, because I dunno what else might have been messed up.

Chris999999

Mu-43 Rookie
This update seems like a really great leaving present from Olympus. Will JIP do worse?

Tapper

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm not updating my EM1.3 until I see more feedback regarding its effect on IBIS (some are saying it makes it "jittery"??). The only interesting thing in the update for me is the focus indicator, and I can live without it.

Real Name
Guy
Just updated my 1X, no problems, I just followed all the instructions and when I got to the "when OK is displayed on the rear LCD turn camera off and then back on to reload myset/custom settings I waited about 30 sec before turning the 1X back on and all of those settings were restored. Language, Date, Time had to be re-entered... Those are NOT myset/custom settings. Really I just had to OK for Language because it was already prompting me in English...on the 30 second thing I just decided to wait a little while because Updater says that it stores your myset/custom settings during the process ( where I don't know) and reloads them later..."Patience Grasshopper"...:coffee-30:

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Updated the E-M1 III with no issues, so far, using Windows laptop. You can update the new E-Ms using the OI Share app. I'm finding the focus indicator useful though I do wish it did with distance estimates like some other brands. It took me a while to actually find the damn setting and activate it though, not as intuitive as it could have been. (Don't care at all about video though, wish they brought a bit more extra features on the photography side).

doady

Mu-43 Regular
I haven't tried video for E-M1 mk2 yet but I haven't noticed anything wrong with image stabilization for stills at least. My limit has always been around 1/6 second at wide angle and I tried 1/5 second several times with no problems.

I also have to correct my previous post about no settings being reset because I noticed ISO was set to 200. I usually set it to 250, so maybe not all settings were preserved.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
For my cameras and what I shoot, I did not see anything in the descriptions to update for.
So I decided to pass on this FW.
Famous last words.
I updated the FW on one of my mk2, trying to solve a problem I had.
So now I have to update the other mk2, so they are both in sync and matched up.

Well EM1-X back from Olympus ... They have kindly upgraded to V2.0 for me !! 2 more working days until Christmas break and then I can try it out. I feel like I have a new camera ... well even more so since all my settings were lost and I needed to try and remember what I had set-up !!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom