Firmware updates are live.

meredith

New to Mu-43
I updated my EM5.3 and, despite the claim that 1.2->1.3 has no reset, all my settings were reset - thankfully I keep notes. I wish there were settings backups available on this camera though.

After getting everything set, I went to reconnect OI.Share and can't get it paired again. Hadn't had any trouble before, I've cold started both devices, cleared app data, reset wireless settings on the camera, etc, and no luck. I may try a(nother) full settings reset on the camera as a last try for tonight.

Edit: Yeah, I reset again and nothing. My phone nor two PCs can see the camera's SSID beacons while here on the connection setup page, so I'm not sure it's actually turning the wireless interfaces on.

Edit again: Nothing - even with a debug menu reset, and I grabbed another android phone to try. I have to get to bed but it seems I'll have to call them tomorrow?

Last edited:
Real Name
Angus
Edit: Yeah, I reset again and nothing. My phone nor two PCs can see the camera's SSID beacons while here on the connection setup page, so I'm not sure it's actually turning the wireless interfaces on.

Edit again: Nothing - even with a debug menu reset, and I grabbed another android phone to try. I have to get to bed but it seems I'll have to call them tomorrow?
Try giving your camera battery a good charge overnight. I've seen wifi on my cameras get flakey even with 50% battery.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I get this message and I have no idea what to do. What do they mean with loading? In my privacy settings I don't see anything like that. Does anyone know?
Looks like an Apple Mac issue. You need a Mac expert.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
System Preferences>Security&Privacy (on first row, icon 6)>"General" tab> Allow Olympus Digital....(or something like that).
Thanks, but I don't have anything like that under my General tab.. I don't get any message that something is blocked so I can't unblock it.
I read something about this on Dpreview, obviously it was a problem years ago, with High Sierra, but somehow it has worked for me until now. Now none of the recommended solutions work. I use Big Sur.
I guess I'll just have to skip these updates .

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks, but I don't have anything like that under my General tab.. I don't get any message that something is blocked so I can't unblock it.
I read something about this on Dpreview, obviously it was a problem years ago, with High Sierra, but somehow it has worked for me until now. Now none of the recommended solutions work. I use Big Sur.
I guess I'll just have to skip these updates .
I don't know if this will help, but a couple of days ago I got a Privacy Notice from Olympus when I ran Workspace on WIndows 10, and again when I ran the Ol Share app on my iPad tablet. I had do do the age number thing on the iPad and OK that. On the Windows Workspace, there was no age thing but instead a checkbox for some privacy changes only related to California that had to be checked. If I didn't approve them, no telling what would happen. They do seem to want a lot of background info off your computer reading the fine print so maybe they are going into the marketing your info game since they are closing shop.

I've had the Workspace and OL Share app on the computers for a long time, but why they both popped up Privacy messages recently was odd.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
E-M1 II updated with no problems, all settings saved.
No weird privacy notices.

Biswajit Sharma

Mu-43 Rookie
I get this message and I have no idea what to do. What do they mean with loading? In my privacy settings I don't see anything like that. Does anyone know?
Please Check your MAC OS version. Olympus Workspace and updater is not working with OS Big Sur Version: 11.0.1 at this moment. See the attachment for Mac OS comparability . Be sure to have all your datas backed up before moving between Mac OS versions. Don't wanna end up loosing any datas for the sake of updating camera firmware. Have camera battery fully charged and computer have enough power to go through this process.

Now you may restore back to older version of compatible Mac OS and get the firmware updated. After that revert back to your current Mac OS. OR use a compatible windows machine.

For EM1 iii and EM5 iii , O.I Share app can be used for firmware updates.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
FYI, this firmware update may reset all your settings!

Even though Olympus says that settings will be saved when updating the E-M5iii from version 1.2 to version 1.3, that's not what happened. I'm now on version 1.3 with factory settings. 😠 Fortunately I keep a written copy of all my settings, so it's just a half-hour of my life to set everything back to where it was.

susannemcom

Mu-43 Regular
Please Check your MAC OS version. Olympus Workspace and updater is not working with OS Big Sur Version: 11.0.1 at this moment. See the attachment for Mac OS comparability . Be sure to have all your datas backed up before moving between Mac OS versions. Don't wanna end up loosing any datas for the sake of updating camera firmware. Have camera battery fully charged and computer have enough power to go through this process.

Now you may restore back to older version of compatible Mac OS and get the firmware updated. After that revert back to your current Mac OS. OR use a compatible windows machine.

For EM1 iii and EM5 iii , O.I Share app can be used for firmware updates.
Hope that helps.
Thanks, I saw that too although from what I saw it wasn't even compatible with Catalina and I used it previously with Catalina.
I'm not going to revert back to an older version, I'll wait until Olympus makes it compatible because it will happen since people are going to use Big Sur.
Very handy to be able to do it with the OI share app! Olympus Workspace works fine with Big Sur by the way.

this might help
Thank you, I'll definitely check this out!

They do seem to want a lot of background info off your computer reading the fine print so maybe they are going into the marketing your info game since they are closing shop.
That would be truly awful. Then I'll switch to Panasonic..

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom