Firmware update question E-M5 mark II

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by manju69, Sep 24, 2015.

1. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Hi. Just received my E-M5 mark II and the firmware is version 1. Do you know if I waited until the bigger update in November if it would include previous updates? Or do I need to update to 1.2 (or whatever it is??) before. Am slightly nervous of updates for some reason.

Cheers

2. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    My E-M5 II firmware is 1.2; I think that is the latest. I'd not be afraid of the update process; install the Oly updater on your computer and follow the directions, it's really pretty easy and foolproof (have a full charged battery). Easiest update process of any camera I've had. Be aware, however, that some of your settings may be lost due to the update, so best to do before you get too customized.

3. cputeq

cputeq Mu-43 Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Jeremy
    If you use the Olympus updater software, I'm pretty sure it'll automatically grab whatever version you can upgrade to. Just follow the steps carefully, and after you've upgraded/disconnected the camera, etc, plug it back in and do it again and see if the software grabs the higher firmware number. It's been a while since I've updated (since I'm only running the Em5) so I might be a bit fuzzy on this, but it looks like how it works using the software screenshots from Olympus.

4. manju69

manju69 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 1, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Pete
    Thanks all

5. gary0319

gary0319 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Sarasota FL
    I just yesterday received my second (used) E-M5 II and it needed the firmware update to 1.2.
    Used the Olympus update software, piece of cake.

• Like Like x 2