1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Firmware Release E-PM2 and E-PL5

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Fmrvette, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Tks but I'll pass - I don't use those types of lenses...

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter Subscribing Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Tough call. I have the body cap 15 but it's on the E-pm1 and will likely stay there. I'll wait.

4. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I don't even use that kind of camera...:biggrin:

I've got the 15mm, but it's on an OM-D and the only issue it has is that I don't get out and shoot enough.

Regards,

Jim

5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Quit posting here and shoot instead! :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Nope; I hibernate until April...or maybe May.

The polar bear shot in my avatar is misleading.

(Seriously, I don't shoot much in the winter - my old bones don't like the cold so much anymore, and table top macros have never been my thing. However spring training is just a few frigid months away...).

Regards,

Jim

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Yes, me too. Even without snow, Michigan is cold and grey all winter. I venture out of the car, shoot a little, then back into the car. I can't wait till it's warm and sunny again!

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    LoL want to switch places?
    I grew up in Northern Illinois but the military has kept in scalding hot places around the globe. With the exception of Iceland & Italy, it's been heat, heat, heat for me :biggrin:

On a more serious note, I do miss the White Christmas'....:frown:

9. Fmrvette

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    In a heartbeat. I spent some time in Ft. Huachuca (Arizona) learning the ins-and-outs of the OV-1 Mohawk recon system before being shipped off to Vietnam in the late '60's and the only thing I didn't complain about was the heat :biggrin:.

If my wife's family weren't centered in Michigan I would've been outta here long ago.

"White Christmas" to me means having a 4wd vehicle in the garage, winter clothing, a snow shovel, a snow thrower, heating bills and rock salt. Not a fun time for one of my advanced...um...experience. :biggrin:

The only place I enjoy shooting in the winter is the Detroit Zoo; there are no crowds, the marvelous staff are all camera/tripod friendly, the animals from the colder climates are much more active, and there are open concession stands where one may get a cuppa coffee :thumbup:. Late January or early February is a good time to go most years. One can capture shots that one simply cannot get during the busy tourist/summer season.

But I would dearly love to move to southern Arizona...

Regards from (warmer than usual but still cloudy and miserable) Michigan.

Jim

10. clark5901

clark5901 New to Mu-43

Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks for the nice information in the post...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.