1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

(Fireworks) Happy Canada Day

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by a_foolishman, Jul 1, 2012.

1. a_foolishman

a_foolishman Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Kelly Graham
    All shots were taken with the EPM-1 and Olympus 17mm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feel free to C&C. I was just out with a few friends so I didn't put too much effort into this series. I pre-planed my location and made sure all the cameras 's settings were adjusted properly before we headed out so that I could just sit back and enjoy the show.

Unfortunately the local fire department fires every firework into the same area of sky, so it's hard to capture multiple bursts without over exposing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. goodsonr

goodsonr Mu-43 Regular

Dec 7, 2011
    Happy Canada Day from Edmonton.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/a1DRpJKnAl1mFG9yEbkokpbhbTpiTbeGbHveosogk8A?feat=embedwebsite"> EdmontonCanadaDay. "800" width="680" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/115150825322718028355/Misc?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCO6r3Nugqp6AaQ&feat=embedwebsite">misc</a></td></tr></table>

This was my first attempt at firework pictures. It didn't turn out as well as I hoped. Fireworks go off at 11:00pm, and it is still light and I had trouble with trying to get long exposures for the fireworks without having the background sky too bright. Anything more than about 1 second had the sky too bright and only the power-of-postprocessing saved them.

3. kathyh

kathyh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Canada Day fireworks from Ottawa

fireworks5.

york_court.

fireworks4.

All taken with the E-M5 and pany20mm from my back deck hence the trees in the foreground.

4. a_foolishman

a_foolishman Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Kelly Graham
    I'm located slightly farther North than you. My town's solution is to begin the fireworks show at 12:01 am July 1st, ie. the evening of June 30th.

Some people find this weird but it's the only way for us to have fireworks + darkness on July 1st.

I think you did well.