Fire in Brooklyn

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Saw some billowing smoke from the side of the road and obviously I headed towards it then away... Grabbed the E-P2 and my Leica and walked right up... I love the E-P2 for PJ type work, small and unassuming. I was able to get right up to action armed with a 28mm on the E-P2 and a 50mm on the M6 and an expired 2009 NYPD press pass. I wish I would of had flash for some of these, but whatever...I have sent a bunch to a few editors I have worked with.

There were 5 engine houses involved in this brush fire that originated in Brooklyn, NY around 2PM EST.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

cstevens

Mu-43 Veteran
Wow! Fantastic series there - I would have been proud to have shot these.

The 4th one and the last one in particular are very moving.

Well done!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Good going, Boris. You seem to be right there for these kinds of photographs...remembering some of your shots from the big storms.

Just went back to check in on your PAD blog to see if one of these was that one in there. You've got some really strong photos in here. I find seeing them all in a row kind of takes away from their individual power, however I understand and appreciate it that you didn't want to do a separate post for each one. I'm hoping they're on your Flickr page, too so I can view them in their fullness.

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Great series - good luck on the $ front

Can I be a "fire fighter" when I grow up!

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks guys... Like a dumbass I ran out without my viewfinder... Focusing was near impossible with all the smoke and water.... Don't really care about some money off them, would like to be able to get at least one published so I motivate myself to go renew my press pass.. NYC is too bureaucratic when it comes to permits..

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
I really like the last one as there are a number of other ways to look at it, (cropped views)

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
nice group of images , firefighting is drama personified,

i thought the b&w image verging on surreality, with the tall grass and misty horizon of a gentle landscape merging with the technology and art of firefighting .

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom