[FINISHED!]*Insane* Olympus Store-Wide Deals! Refurb E-M5 Kit for *$754*. Lenses and Accessories too

uphillslide

New to Mu-43
It's back. And the money is big again. People would buy so many more lenses if those were the real prices.

OCULUS

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ray Hull
Having some big-corp, end-of-year experience, this may have been one of those make-the-4Q numbers gimmick that they pulled and it got out of hand so much that it crashed the site.

I wonder how many orders they actually honored? ANS: Enough to make the 4Q numbers for SONY-SAN!

napilopez

Contributing Editor
Real Name
Napier Lopez
Keep me updated as to whether your deals are honored guys! It'd be good to know for future reference, should we have another random middle-of-the-night and potentially accidental sale =P

I didn't order anything but I'm ok with that. My OM-D came in today so I'm having fun with that bad boy.

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
I ordered and got recipt of 2 batteries 3 eye pieces and a lens hood for my Macro :)

now I wish I put in that 45 lens at $299 ? but not a big deal as I have a 85 on my FF I still use ?

but did have 2 more fl600 in the cart and a OMD and grip was going to trasnfer money this morning and get them !!!!

while the 600 is not strong enough for weddings its proving to be a nice quality great flash around the home and for small jobs I do so would have liked to have a couple more especially at $188 :)

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Dug around their website.. Only found one term of service/use page:

Terms of Use | Olympus

They don't have any policies/legalities presented during checkout process either.

woof

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Keep me updated as to whether your deals are honored guys! It'd be good to know for future reference, should we have another random middle-of-the-night and potentially accidental sale =P

I didn't order anything but I'm ok with that. My OM-D came in today so I'm having fun with that bad boy.

Well, as a part of the overall price cuts, it seems that even the Extended Warranties were slashed - Regularly 99.00, during the period of this sale they were $44.95. I purchased one for 44.95 with PayPal. I got the following confirmation:

"You authorized a transaction to Olympus America Inc. Money won't leave your account until Olympus America Inc processes your order."

Money has not yet left my account, so it seems that I am in the same boat as anyone else who pulled the trigger on these deals.

woof!

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Getting hacked was the last thing on my mind...

Usually hackers change the content to put up their messages... or steal digital assets within (customers' credit cards, etc)... or try to get other things for free..

..not "Let's hack into getolympus.com, drop their prices 10-20% or even 30% and see what happens!" :biggrin:

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Usually hackers change the content to put up their messages... or steal digital assets within (customers' credit cards, etc)... or try to get other things for free..

..not "Let's hack into getolympus.com, drop their prices 10-20% or even 30% and see what happens!" :biggrin:

That's how I might do it if I had hacking instincts / technical skills. Just looking for a deal, not a total rip-off! :cool:

-Ray

slrobertson

New to Mu-43
Olympus USA seems to be honoring mistakenly discounted items

I ordered a couple lenses during the brief sale this weekend on getolympus.com and just received a call from Olympus to verify my billing and shipping addresses this morning. The woman confirmed that the pricing was a mistake but said they will be honoring those prices for the lucky people who got orders in. BTW, the 12mm f/2 is back ordered due to the large number of orders they received.

Scott L. Robertson Photography: Travel, Landscape, Fine Art Images, Stock Photos, Prints, Slide Scanning, Assignment Photography, Panoramas, VR Virtual Tours

Jonathan F/2

Mu-43 Legend
I ordered a couple lenses during the brief sale this weekend on getolympus.com and just received a call from Olympus to verify my billing and shipping addresses this morning. The woman confirmed that the pricing was a mistake but said they will be honoring those prices for the lucky people who got orders in. BTW, the 12mm f/2 is back ordered due to the large number of orders they received.

Scott L. Robertson Photography: Travel, Landscape, Fine Art Images, Stock Photos, Prints, Slide Scanning, Assignment Photography, Panoramas, VR Virtual Tours

Man, I should of pulled the trigger when I was up 2am in the morning!

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Awesome! Happy for all of the lucky people that were able to get orders in and look forward to seeing some 17/1.8 images around here. :2thumbs:

Ray Sachs

Super Moderator
Very cool, I guess I'll be getting a really good deal on the 17mm then. Wish I'd bought more. Thought about the EPL5 body but wasn't ready to pull the trigger. I saved more on the lens than I would have on the camera body...

-Ray

twokatmew

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Margaret
Oh I'd have snapped up a 17/1.8 at that fantastic sale price, but not at $499. I'm happy for those who got great deals. :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom