[FINISHED!]*Insane* Olympus Store-Wide Deals! Refurb E-M5 Kit for *$754*. Lenses and Accessories too

uphillslide

New to Mu-43
Awesome! Happy for all of the lucky people that were able to get orders in and look forward to seeing some 17/1.8 images around here. :2thumbs:
I'm really happy for everyone on here whose orders are going through. If I had been about an hour quicker to the "sale" I would have gone in for a lot of stuff. Em-5, 60 macro, and 12 f/2.0.

Will search for these used instead over the next few months and probably be able to secure good prices (at least on the body) as rumors build about new bodies.

woof

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, as a part of the overall price cuts, it seems that even the Extended Warranties were slashed - Regularly 99.00, during the period of this sale they were $44.95. I purchased one for 44.95 with PayPal. I got the following confirmation:

"You authorized a transaction to Olympus America Inc. Money won't leave your account until Olympus America Inc processes your order."

Money has not yet left my account, so it seems that I am in the same boat as anyone else who pulled the trigger on these deals.

woof!
Well it showed up on my Paypal statement at this point, but it is marked as being on hold. Details state: PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information.

Feeling a little like this is going to be denied. Glad everyone else seems to be OK.

woof!

analogic

New to Mu-43
Just received the shipping notice for refur silver OMD + 12-50mm.
How do I explain to the wife about this camera since I just got the LX7 on black friday ($299)? :confused:

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I retract my earlier statement where I said that I was happy for everyone that was able to place an order. I am now bitter and jealous.

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Did anyone order the 17mm f1.8 (preorder) along with other items on a single purchase?
Have you gotten shipment notice for the rest of the items yet?

EDIT: Answering my own question...(from getolympus' FAQ)

Pre-order Payment and Shipping
Shipping: Orders containing pre-order items will ship in their entirety once all items in the order (pre-order and in-stock items) are available. Please contact the Olympus Store should you require your items to ship separately or as available. Additional shipping charges may apply.

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
now kicking myself for only ordering some things :) hahaahhaah

wish now I did order the other lens the other OMD etc..

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
I had a classic chicken egg situation on this one. I ended up staying up really late as I was deciding whether or not to jump on that D600 deal going on (I did)...I was up late enough to catch the post about the ridiculous discounts, but having parted with a significant chunk of change on the d600 I decided that I wouldn't spend any more.

If I hadn't been thinking about the D600 I would've been asleep, missed this deal and then been jealous of everyone else! Congrats if things go through, as some of those prices were spectacular. I'm really trying to pare down the camera gear that I own into a set of quality lenses and cameras that are each the best suited to particular uses, and think I'm getting there! (yeah right, hahaha).

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
the D600 deal was good also :) had thought of that also figure more will come I hope :)

just saw they extended these till the end of the month :)

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hindsight is 20/20.

At the time, no one was sure about what was happening and how long it would last. I actually thought that the price for OMD ($909 w/ 12-50mm) was the new official price, because OMD has held its price too high for too long... and maybe they're coming up with a new body to replace it soon.

napilopez

Contributing Editor
Real Name
Napier Lopez
I retract my earlier statement where I said that I was happy for everyone that was able to place an order. I am now bitter and jealous.
Tell me about it! Given that I'm the one who started this whole fiasco publicly, I wish I could have gotten an order for at least one item in hahahah.

No but seriously, I'm really glad Olympus honored all of your orders. That's very good service on their part.

slothead

Mu-43 All-Pro
Did anyone get an E-PL5 at the $450 price? I don't think I believe this - the page shut down while I was trying to order!

napilopez

Contributing Editor
Real Name
Napier Lopez
Hindsight is 20/20.

At the time, no one was sure about what was happening and how long it would last. I actually thought that the price for OMD ($909 w/ 12-50mm) was the new official price, because OMD has held its price too high for too long... and maybe they're coming up with a new body to replace it soon.
Seriously, as far as I can remember, the OM-D has retained its value better than I think any other M4/3 camera, at only $100 dollars off 8 months later. I honestly think it would be good for the system as a whole if olympus milked the OM-D for a couple of years and focuses on upgrading firmware. I don't think we need a significant IQ increase for a while, and the OM-D's body is rather good already. Most of the improvements that should be made to it can be done through firmware. If M4/3 wants to be seen as the matured mirrorless system, we can't have the flagships be upgraded every year. Look at Canon and Nikon. Save the incremental upgrades for the low end stuff.

LeoS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Cheers Napi, I also got a couple of great deals! (no, no duplicates sorry)
Can I buy you a beer, or a lunch even! :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom