Fine Art Photo Event

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime
Thank you guys!
I'm planning to participate in a similar photo session next month.
I'll post a selection of the best photos I can get.

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime
Curious how this went. Does each photographer get a turn with each model (I assume there are a few sets of model+photographer going on at any given time) so that when you are working with one, they are concentrating on you alone? And who gives the models direction? Did they have someone there to help with that or where the models really good at posing without direction? I noticed they all seem to really know great ways to hold their hands during poses so was curious if the models did it, you directed them, or if a third party was directing the poses.
There were several models at the photo event (7 models I believe) and they were spread over the place at different spots with a bunch of photographers around each of them.
Ideally, each photographer should be able to get a few minutes alone with the model, but unfortunately that's not what happens in these events, because there is no time for that.

So, each photographer try to do is best from the position he/she manage to be. Sometimes I get lucky to be only with one or two more photographers side-by-side shooting a model.
The majority of these models are not professional, but are enough used to pose in this kind of events and are very dedicated to do the best they can. Both models and photographers learn and improve from one event to the next.

Photographer's give some posing direction, but mostly on how to pose the body or where to look at. But indeed the models know great ways to hold their hands by them self, and that's a great advantage for the photographers.

jrsilva

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Jaime
among all the pictures of 45 mm and 75 mm you have one using 25 mm. why did you choose the 25 mm for that particular picture?
All are very beautiful photographs.
Thank you!
I've used the 25mm on one scene because the model was laying on the ground and I was photographing her from the top.
I've tried using the 45mm I had mounted on one of the camera bodies, but I had to raise my arms and camera to much above my head. So I've switched to the 25mm so I can get a half body portrait from the top without raising my arms to much and be able to look at the rear screen.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom