Finding gear that I had written off.....

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I use to use a Hoodman HLVKIT Live View ($199) and Swivi PRO Loop (about $80) that I used with my D7000/7100. Much to my surprise the SWivi works with the G9/Gx8 and the Hoodman with the G9/Gx85. I often do wildlife video either from a tripod or handheld and with the sun directly behind me as in the afternoon it's had to look through the viewer or the LCD. These hoods give a real 3rd point when handholding and are substantially easier to use on a tripod. Funny thing is when I changed systems I asked two friends who had DSLRs if they wanted these, thankfully they had no interest in video.

With working on my long ago planned serial project, these two hoods will be used a lot. As some know I am planning on a stills/video shoot in the headwaters of the Amazon next year. At this point in time I will probably add a 35-100 and a second G9 for the trip (Gx8 will work, but at the current prices for used G9's I'd rather not risk my Gx8 (love that camera) and I will be taking these two hoods especially for the days when I am planning on shooting on the river.

Somewhat excited about this "find" and getting some more utility out of my $300:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom