Finally registered here :D

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Kaeri, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Kaeri

Kaeri New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2013
    Germany
    Hello,
    after many months of reading alone I decided to get registered here :)

I'm currently 22, student and only shooting (and sometimes 'modeling') for fun. As you may recognize, English is not my mothertongue, so please excuse any errors, but feel free to correct me :)

My first digital camera was some years ago a Panasonic FZ18, which was very fascinating (often used it as a binoculars :wink:) and worked great on sunny days.
    Looking for a better image quality I originally searched for a small DSLR, but then came across to m43 since it's small weight.
    After searching some time around, I decided to get the Epl3 which was love at first sight :biggrin:
    As a addition to the kit zoom, I got also the 14-150mm, which I think was the best decision for pictures on holidays or in the zoo.

Then, reading for some months and looking at many pictures (most of them were in the native lens threads of this forum), I decided to get also the 20mm 1.7 :)

There were only 3 things, that didn't make the Epl3 a perfect camera for me:
    - manual focussing was a big hassle for everyone who had to take a picture of me with my camera --> the face recognition failed a lot and I ended up with many blurry pictures of myself with a sharp background :rolleyes:

- low light isos since i am often taking pictures insight buildings and I love evening walks ;)

- and (well a lot of you will be amused...) taking selfportraits is a little bit tricky

So today I got over the financial hurdle and ordered a Epl5 :biggrin:
    (Although I still frown on how much cheaper it's on amazon.com :frown:)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kenny

Kenny Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    KL Malaysia
    Welcome to the forum! Im also a college student. Folks here are really nice and friendly.

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Kaeri!

Welcome to the forum, where we all speak the same language - photography!

Looking forward to seeing your photographs.

Regards,

Jim

4. Kaeri

Kaeri New to Mu-43

Jan 29, 2013
    Germany
    Thank you for your welcoming :)
    I really appreciate this forum, the atmosphere is really encouraging and the exchange of picture is much more lively than in other ones :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! I look forward to seeing some of your photos. :smile: