Finally pulled the trigger....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Pushbutton, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Pushbutton

Pushbutton New to Mu-43

Hello everyone!
    I have been lurking for a bit, but I finally pulled the trigger on an E-P2 w/ the 14-42 and Pana 20mm. Defiantly a chunk of cash, but it will be far better for my archaeology work then my A540.... :2thumbs:

Thank you to everyone here for helping! I will be around far more often as I learn the E-P2!

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome from another new member and recent adopter. Looks like a great little forum.

3. SimplyEd

SimplyEd Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Philippines
    Hi pushbutton. Welcome. Cn't wait to see your photos... especially those taken with panny 20mm... "drooling for that lens"...

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello again :friends:

Cheers

Brian

5. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Pushbutton, you're a buyer after my own heart, welcome and congrats on making the decision!:thumbup:

When you get your camera, you might find Brian Mosely's videos about the menu system of the E-P2 to be very helpful - I know I did. Check out the first one in Image Works, it's a "sticky". Also be sure to read about the gallery system, how to attach photos, etc., in the Housekeeping forum because I know you'll have something to show us very soon.:biggrin:

7. Pushbutton

Pushbutton New to Mu-43

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome! I am really excited to get out and start shooting with the E-P2! It should be here early next week... Thats if I stop getting calls asking me if I want syrup with my pancake lens! :rofl: I laughed hard at that one!

Thanks for the advice! I've been all over Brian Mosely's wonderful videos and I will start reading the stickies while sitting here in my office... doing "work" and such... :2thumbs:

Its too bad I don't have it yet. I'm doing a survey job up in a beautiful part of the Texas panhandle this weekend. Oh well... I guess its just an excuse to get my truck back out there another weekend and get it all dirty all over again! :biggrin:

8. pete

pete Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    You will find the 20m to be your go to baby....I just got an ep2 myself and having loads of fun. Welcome and congrats....
    Pete

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

We'll be here waiting for you Pushbutton.:biggrin:

And that is the first time I've heard that pancake joke. I bet they get a lot of mileage out of that one.:wink: