Finally have my 40-150 Pro :)

DL Photo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dave
I was contemplating between the 70-300, the 35-100 Panny or the 40-150 pro....all great lenses with certain things in common, very specific differences, and each with it's pro's and cons. Visited a number of threads on this board and made my decision to go with the 40-150 Pro.

Well, ordered this refurbished 40-150 Pro lens through the Olympus store last Friday and received it last night. Pretty fast delivery time.

I took a few pic's before sundown but did not have a chance to post....will post some this weekend. At the office writing this so no access to pic's right now.

1. The lens is in perfect condition. Not a blemish. There is the slightest mark on the lens hood but I only found it by searching.

2. The lens is actually smaller and lighter than I expected. I did test it in the store but imagined it to be a little larger....not sure why. Yes, it's larger than other m43 lenses, but that's what I expected for a 2.8 zoom with this range. Built solid like a tank. Very comfortable to hold with my E-M1 and quite a relief after using the 7D and 70-200 2.8 for many years.

3. Absolutely love that retracting lens hood. What a great design.

4. Performance. What can I say?

Sharpness: This is lens is super sharp. Tack sharp...even at the edges and corners....and even wide open. Loved my 70-200 2.8 on my 7D. Don't feel like I'm giving up anything as far as image quality goes with this partnership.

Color and Contrast: A number of lenses are sharp, but there is more to a lens than sharpness. The color and contrast produced by the 40-150 pro are spectacular. Anyone who owns a pro lens for any format will understand what I mean by this.

Focusing: the lens focuses very fast. Will be testing that side a little more this weekend and add a little more later.

I will still hang on to my little 40-150 4.0-5.6 lens for times when I don't want to carry the larger Pro zoom....but don't believe that I will be using the little guy that much anymore.

I HIGHLY recommend this beauty of a lens.

Last edited:

Clicka

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Peter Campbell
Well, ordered this refurbished 40-150 Pro lens through the Olympus store last Friday

ha.. I went back to the .ca refurb site 3 times that day procrastinating on whether to buy it. Third time back when I'd finally talked myself into it, it was gone. You probably got my lens :) Nice pick up. glad your happy with it.

DL Photo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dave
Sorry tbut hear that you missed it. Keep your eyes open. There was about a week between the first couple of times that the lens was available. Probably have more soon.

PatrickNSF

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Patrick
Enjoy the new lens. It was revelatory for me when I recently purchased it. I've been using a good copy of my Sigma 50-150/2.8 on my dSLR for years but the Oly 40-150/2.8 easily outperforms that lens, in both performance and image quality.

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Keep checking now that the 25% sale is over, I noticed in the fine print the PRO lenses weren't available for the promotion.

Latest threads

Top Bottom