Finally got the G3

colbycheese

Mu-43 Veteran
i finally got it. I paid 390 with the kit lens and it was open box. Pretty good deal.
I love the external controls, much easier than the EPM-1. I just had a few problems i am trying to fix. How do it remove the yellowish color when shooting indoors at night. There is no "keep warm colour" option anywhere. My next problem is white balance, what are the best settings for inside that gives the true colour of things. and finally, how can i make the photos as much the same as on Olympus with no post processing. Thanks for the answers in advance.

colbycheese

Mu-43 Veteran

skurnianto

Mu-43 Regular
Nice photos! i was unable to produce similar colours. What settings do you use?

Thanks. I just followed the suggestion setting for G3 from pjohngren (a member of this forum): photo setting: VIVID (contrast -1, sharpness +2, sat 0, NR-2). WB: cloudy two point heading to A (left) and one point to M (down). In REC mode, i set both IResolution and IDynamic to high.

colbycheese

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks. I just followed the suggestion setting for G3 from pjohngren (a member of this forum): photo setting: VIVID (contrast -1, sharpness +2, sat 0, NR-2). WB: cloudy two point heading to A (left) and one point to M (down). In REC mode, i set both IResolution and IDynamic to high.
ok. thanks. i had no clue about this magenta and stuff, thanks for clearing it up.

Al.

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alan
Just got my G3 from Vennal cameras, an Olympic version, £ 239.99 with kit lens , I know its refurbished but still a bargain

bselorch

New to Mu-43

How do you get to the "photo setting, VIVID"? Also I can't find IDynamic. I have the G2 so maybe that is different.
Thanks

skurnianto

Mu-43 Regular
How do you get to the "photo setting, VIVID"? Also I can't find IDynamic. I have the G2 so maybe that is different.
Thanks

I dont have G2 either so i don't know that kind of setting can be applied to G2. this is what i did in G3: Go to Menu>>choose REC>>choose Photo style>>in foto style i choose VIVID. I found The IDynamic also in REC menu.

hope it helps

Dan Ka

Mu-43 Regular
The G2 has neither Vivid nor I.Dynamic. I thought about buying a G3 when they first came out, and, downloaded the manual to determine operational differences. I didn't buy the G3. I found it to small for my hands.

I.Dynamic in the G3 manual has the same basic description as I.Exposure on the G2.

Vivid on the G3 is a "Photo Style" setting described as "The picture becomes sharper". The closest on the G2 "might" be Dynamic in "Film Mode".

I would check out pjohngren's settings (in the jpeg/raw wars) at https://www.mu-43.com/f43/optimizing-camera-jpeg-settings-panasonic-bodies-10782/

Latest threads

Top Bottom