1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Finally got a decent image with my EM5 and 100mm F7 telescope

Discussion in 'Astrophotography' started by PhilS, Apr 18, 2014.

1. PhilS

PhilS Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Phil Savory
    Did a session last night and got a great result of the Eta Carina Nebula. After months of cr@p weather and issues with polar aligning my mount... finally success

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/95752256@N03/13928699775/player/" width="1024" height="770" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/95752256@N03/13905702971/player/" width="1024" height="766" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like Like x 32
  2. SNTP

SNTP Mu-43 Regular

Sep 7, 2011
    Wow!!! Great shot! and nice color rendition on it.
    I'd love to see a photo of your actual setup. I'm not sure what polar aligning means either ><

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very nice, I especially like the first one that has a little more color in it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. shutterduster

shutterduster Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2013
    Keremeos, BC. Canada
    Dave T
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Phew - Awesome short series! :2thumbs::drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  6. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Very nice! How many exposures and dark frames if I may ask?

7. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    Great photo's, did you use any filters especially for the first one?

8. PhilS

PhilS Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Phil Savory
    Darren

I have a light pollution filter on the optical path. It makes a big difference imaging from a light polluted city such as the one I live in.

Kwalsh

I shot 10 lights and 10 darks at one minute each for both images. I used Deep Sky Stacker to stack then Nebulosity to adjust the levels then Photoshop to grade the colour.

• Like Like x 1
  9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    More good shots Phil. Well done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.