Finally finished my first eBook and website

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by sokar, Jun 16, 2013.

1. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    After 3 months of undergoing a rather steep learning process with WordPress, hosting and everything else required for setting up a website, I have finally have something resembling what I was after. I have to admit HTML coding confuses the hell out of me and after significant trial and error I think I finally have a handle on it. I have never watched so many U tube videos in such a short period trying to understand different processes. For those who have played in WordPress, they will understand the learning curve of differentiating pages from posts and what internal mechanisms can be used with the different posting categories. But it doesn't end there of course. Then there is Google webmaster, sitemaps etc. Did I mention SEO? What a headache.

The eBook was another learning process. This book has been nearly 3 years in the making from first thoughts, to final editing. I never realized how many different formats e-readers required. I think writing the book was easier than formatting it. Why can't everybody agree on one format? For anybody interested in following the eBook path and not sure where to begin, I am happy to provide information on what I found the easiest options for formatting the book from a simple word document to mobi format. Amazon provides a simple crunching method, but there are more sophisticated solutions for minimal cost.

For those interested, the website is: Official website of Jack Anders

2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Holy mackerel, Jack! That's absolutely great! Simple but dynamic and very impacting. Nice work indeed.

3. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks John, from what I read on the net, one is supposed to have a fancy website, so I gave it my best shot. The template comes from a company named elegant themes. They seem to have great support and the cost was minimal.

4. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Congratulations Jack.
    Very well done indeed.

5. sokar

sokar Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words John.