Finally Done with M43 lens GAS....

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by D7k1, Jul 29, 2016.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I bought all my Nikon stuff in a very short time, and today I completed my m43 lens kit that I personally need. My final purchase was to buy a used Oly 9-18mm to replace my Nikkor 12-24 DX as my "Normal" lens. My normal lens for video is the 12-35mm, but for walk -a-round stills on either my Gx8 or EP5 this is the perfect lens for my style of shooting. I have quite a few m43 lenses now and can say that I like each and everyone of them. I did a test shoot with the lens today and created a set of parameters in LR/Bridge that seen to make this lens shine for what I need.

My travel kit will now be either this lens and the 35-100 f4/5.6 (don't use this focal length much so no need for the 2.8) or 75-300 II, depending on what I am doing. My video stuff will mainly be done with the 7.5/12-35/100-400. While the Sigma 30 and the Pany 14 (w/wo GWC1) is my stealth kit for the EP5. Don't know why but I can't seem to bring myself to sell the two Oly Kit lenses, but they are not seeing much use, but could come in handy for selling a camera like the EP5 on Craigs list. Don't shoot macro like I once did but I have Canon 500D for the longer zooms and PL 100-400 is very good for big insects as is.

For me I've found a good mix of glass and can only say that I am very happy with M43 and am very glad I made the change. I'm not of a prime shooter and picked up the 14 & 30 when the EP5 was my point and shoot and I wanted something better than the kit lenses, but I've got good copies of both and for what they sale for used, well they are still great lenses when I want to shoot small on the EP5.

• Like Like x 2
  2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Legend

"Done" "Happy"

I've heard that before......

:rofl:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    "Finally Done with M43 lens GAS...." good luck with that!

I am very happy with m4/3s as well, my Nikon gear sits unused so far this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Heard it before, said it before. And I meant it when I said it. I'm actually pretty sure I don't have a single item from when I said it last time. Though I am sure I've repurchase at least three things I had at the time.

• Like Like x 2
  5. panamike

panamike Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Lincolnshire UK
    Nearly done :2thumbs: my D7200 and lenses went yesterday,still have the V2 and P900 which ime keeping,got the 12-35 and 100-400 in m4/3,at the moment i have the 45-175 and may keep it as i dont use that much between 35 and 100 and its a cheap lens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. aidanw

aidanw Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    I became happy with m43 when I stopped trying to achieve the lots of bokeh, and just appreciate the good things about m43, for me: size/portability, fast & silent focus, customisation of buttons, weather resistance with EM5mk2+12-35, and wide aperture for low light photos.

To be honest, I was able to give up on bokeh because I now use full frame for when I want the "pretty" photos.
    It was very helpful being able to differentiate between the two systems.

But now I'm off to Europe for 5 weeks and can't decide whether to take m43 or full frame... gah.

7. absolutic

absolutic Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    For what I can tell you my last two vacations I left all my full frame kits (at the time Sony A7RII + lenses and Nikon D750+ lenses) at home and just travelled with m43. IT was just such a relief to have a light and inexpensive gear during traveling, the feeling is unbelievable after so long traveling. GX7 basically was perfect and did everything for me. The lenses I've used (and I am sure it is even more true for Europe with narrow streets) the most were
    7-14 - a must - most of my shots
    12-35 - number 2
    45 1.7 - number 3
    100-300 - used twice.

But all of these will fit into a small bag. I came home and sold Sony A7RII and FE lenses. my Nikon D750 + m43 setup appears to be a good kit. Now I just need to add either GX8 or EM1-2 when it comes out. Want 20MP sensor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Yes, maybe his best chance is to close his account here!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

It's funny, I can't see where he posted a complete list of all the m4/3 lenses by ever manufacturer...

Therefore can't be finished with his GAS... :laugh1:

10. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    You I think the only place I have my gear listed is over on DPReview in the user gear section. They have a handy section for Own / Owned / Wishlist. It's actually a handy tool to keep track of things. And when you see it all together, kind of scary as well. :eek:

DavidZvi: Gear list: Digital Photography Review : Digital Photography Review

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.