Finally!!! $200 rebate for 12-40 with E-M1 purchase

francis_a

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Francis
Saw this from POTN and it's on the Olympus page for the 12-40.
Glad I ordered them both. Now have to painfully wait for it.

M.12-40mm f2.8 lens

I guess being on the Olympus site, makes it official.

m43man

Mu-43 Veteran
Yay, thanks for the update, but unfortunately it seems you need to buy with EM1 together. Since I placed an order of EM1+MMF and a separate order with 12-40mm lens, I don't know if they'll honor it.

francis_a

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Francis
Details still to come so let's just wait, I guess.

Sent from my XT907 using Mu-43 mobile app

brokken

Mu-43 Regular
Definitely worth contacting the folks that you ordered the lens from. Since they've not started shipping the E-M1, you maybe able to cancel the order, then order both of them simultaneously - if that's what Olympus demands.

Yay, thanks for the update, but unfortunately it seems you need to buy with EM1 together. Since I placed an order of EM1+MMF and a separate order with 12-40mm lens, I don't know if they'll honor it.

m43man

Mu-43 Veteran
Definitely worth contacting the folks that you ordered the lens from. Since they've not started shipping the E-M1, you maybe able to cancel the order, then order both of them simultaneously - if that's what Olympus demands.

The funny thing is, I already received the EM1, among the first few in the country who got it, directly from Olympus. But I will contact them to see what they'll do and report back here. Hopefully they'll come up with a reasonable offer instead of the hassle of returning my current EM1 only to order again with the 12-40 lens.

m43man

Mu-43 Veteran
Fresh from Olympus website: "Please note: If you already pre-ordered your OM-D E-M1, you are still eligible for the $200 rebate offer. Simply purchase the lens in a new order. This offer can be combined with the FREE FL-300R Flash or MMF-3 offer also available with the purchase of an OM-D E-M1. Rebate submission details will be posted shortly."

Yes Olympus, you have earned big :2thumbs: from me!

francis_a

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Francis
thumbsup_2.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

radamo

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Rich
This is great news for US customers. I am considering upgrading my E-M5 and Panny 12-35. This also may be just enough to finally part with my 5D MkII and all my L glass.

ckrueger

Mu-43 Veteran
I've got a 5D2 and 24-70 that are very nervous to see my order for the 12-40, especially after my 7D and 100-400 were just vaporized by the EM1. :)

Anybody know if this rebate is for Olympus' site only?

vartanyan

New to Mu-43
I believe the rebate will hold for all dealer sales. It would be a PR disaster for Olympus to undercut its loyal dealers by only offering it for their website sales.

ckrueger

Mu-43 Veteran
That's true. I'm hoping that's the case, cause I just placed my preorder. Should find out in plenty of time to cancel, if not.

sagar

Mu-43 Regular
I would be VERY surprised if Olympus foolishly applies rebate only for their online stores. Moreover as per my knowledge, all past Olympus rewards have always been eligible for purchase from any "authored" dealers.

I believe the rebate will hold for all dealer sales. It would be a PR disaster for Olympus to undercut its loyal dealers by only offering it for their website sales.

ckrueger

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for that! The rest of the rebates are pretty weak, sadly. It would have been nice to see bigger ones on lenses like the 50-200 SWD... I imagine a few shops are going to be surprised to move a few of those after a long dormant period!

m43man

Mu-43 Veteran
The 12-40 was loaded briefly today and then taken down again, not sure why this keeps happening. I wanted to download the pdf but couldn't do it in time. Did anyone get a chance to save a copy of it?

Latest threads

Top Bottom