Filters in vancouver

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by beckyi90, Sep 9, 2012.

1. beckyi90

beckyi90 Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    Stockton, UK
    Hey, I'm on holiday in Vancouver and stupidly forgot to buy any filters, nd/uv specifically, anyone know of any shops I can go and buy them from(ie no delivery ) i have the epl3 twin lens kit so 37mm diameter . thanks in advance!!
  2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Leo's Cameras on Granville Street downtown has lots of filters (and stepup/down rings)..lots of good quality options.

Avoid futureshop/best buy as they only have junk. You might have luck at Lens and Shutter or London Drugs, but the prices tend to be high with less selection.
  3. beckyi90

beckyi90 Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    Stockton, UK
    Thank you, I'll have a look tomorrow!
  4. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    Vistek as well

typed on my phone, sorry.
  5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Uh wheres the vancouver location? Never seen/heard of it here.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  6. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Leo's is good suggestion, but such a grimy part of town and parking is a b. Kerrisdale Cameras and Broadway Cameras aren't bad choices either - depending on where you are, but I've personally haven't had much luck with selection in that size around town. Good luck - sorry about the weather today :)

7. dshipp

dshipp Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 15, 2011
    London Drugs

I had a m43 emergency in Vancouver too. I got my E-PL2 salt-water damaged and needed a replacement quick. I found London Drugs pretty good, I was able to pick up a E-PL1 for a reasonable price. They seem to stock a fair amount of m43 gear, so you should be able to find filters there I would have thought.