1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Filters for Oly 12-50 & 60mm Macro with hood?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Tapper, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    I want to get a decent clear UV filter for my Oly 12-50 (52mm filter) and 60mm Macro (46mm filter), mainly for trips to sandy beach areas so the front element doesn't get damaged.

Looking at the 52mm B&W Clear UV filters on Amazon, and noticed one reviewer said he couldn't have the hood and filter on at the same time. This is the filter link.

Can anyone recommend a good filter they have used successfully with the Oly 12-50 that also allows the hood to be attached? And the same for the Oly 60mm Macro -- what filter will also allow the hood to be attached.

Just want to be sure before I order. Thanks.

Also, before anyone recommends not using filters -- normally I don't. I only want them for use in sandy environments since the front elements might be affected even with hoods on.

2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    We've got that where I live. Sand. Wind kicks up at the beach. Good luck on finding the solution to having the hood on.

3. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Hood?

I use a Nikon hood screwed in to my B&W filter. I have never bought the Oly hood...that's for my kit zoom. 12-50.

edit: it's a Nikon HN-2. (I didn't have it handy; sorry!)

metal, and it screws on to the filter. Shiny. black.

4. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    Well I have a Hoya Pro UV filter on my 12-50 and the Oly hood fits over it without any problem.

M

5. Tapper

Tapper Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Thanks! Will check those out.