1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Filters for Lightroom CC?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by JDK504, Jul 18, 2015.

1. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    I am trying the trial version of LR Cc. IT seems there is only a handful of filters. I'm looking for an aged or vintage filters. Does anyone know where I can get some free ones or buy some from a credible source? Any good packs? Am I missing any filters in LR CC? I am new to this so any help would be much appreciated.

Much Obliged,

Ken

2. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Go to Julianne Kost's website where she has many free presets that produce vintage effects for LR.

3. dwig

dwig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Key West FL
    Note, that as m4/3boy said but didn't point out, there are no 'filters' in Lr. What you are looking for are "presets". Using the correct term will enable you to search successfully.

That said, I highly recommend Julianne Kost's site and her tutorials on AdobeTV at http://tv.adobe.com and elsewhere.

4. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    Many thanks to you both! I will check them out asap! I am currently working on some video stuff and trying to match my magic bullet look of my film.

Much obliged,

Ken

5. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    I just checker Julianne's site and didn't find any direct free presets? Am I looking in the wrong area? I just saw a bunch of whats new in LR vids and what not, but nothing related to free presets.

Can someone post a direct link?

6. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
  7. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    Thanks for the post guys. I did not see anything that looks like a vintage or retro? I guess I'll keep searching or fiddle around with it on my own.

8. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Dude,
    Download the Preset zip and watch the training video so you can roll your own. You are making an easy task difficult.

Jullieanne is the best. Watch her training vids . Not sure what you think is retro but bottom line a mono image is either cool tone or warm tone and LR makes creating any tone or split tone simple to create, name and save.

9. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    If you're just looking for some free presets to play with, here are a few. But as @m4/3boy@m4/3boy points out, it's pretty easy to make your own once you understand the process.

10. JDK504

JDK504 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 28, 2013
    Gotcha. If I had more time at the moment I would love to play around and see what happens. Im just looking for a starting point then I can play around and see what happens.

Thank you for your response.

11. db96

db96 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2012
    Central Indiana
    "Lightroom Killer Tips" has several free presets:
    http://lightroomkillertips.com/presets/

Make sure to scroll back through the older entries. I found some pretty nice ones there that I never would have come up with myself.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

• Like Like x 1
  12. m4/3boy

m4/3boy Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 21, 2013
    Great advice!