Filter Size

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Intxi, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Intxi

Intxi New to Mu-43

Jun 12, 2014
    Hello,

I'm looking for a filter system, to use with the OM-D EM-1 and the 12-40mm, I know Lee, Cokin, Hitech, but I don´t know wich is the better size. Size a o P in Cokin, or the Seven5 of Lee. I've read that the transition in the P filters is no the correct for the m4/3 cameras.

What do you thin?

Thanks

2. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I've just spent the last week researching this and in the end opted for the Lee Seven5 system. i've ordered the Delux kit with Big Stopper, Polariser and hard and Soft Grads. I'll update once they arrive

3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    I've never noticed any issues with Cokin P filters. They wouldn't work with the Bigmos or anything with a similar extremely large front element, and are unlikely to work with fisheye lenses due their very wide field of view.
    I can't think of any reason the lens mount should effect filters that go on the other end of the lens.

Cokin A would probably work OK for many of my µ4/3 lenses, but they aren't recomended for many of todays lenses. I can get away with using 25mm filters on my 17mm f2.8 without noticable vignetting. So the even the A size would be fine for that!