1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Filter Question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kanasgowatom, Nov 21, 2011.

1. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Has anyone used Cokin filters with the PL3? I used them on my DSLR, and they were okay. I am a bit older now, and the Cokin System seems as if it may be a tad difficult compared with screw mount filters.

Thank you
    Kanasgowatom

2. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    L.A.
    I was recently looking into this as I wanted to use my Cokin P holders and Singh-Ray graduated ND filters with my E-P3 (I find the screw-in grads to be useless as they can't be adjusted to match the boundary in the scenery between light and dark).

If you have the P series, the adapter ring only goes down to 48mm, so depending on the lens you're using, a step-up ring may be necessary. All of my m43 lenses have either a 37mm or 46mm diameter, so I'll be needing to get a few step up rings to take me up to the 58mm adapter ring which I have.

3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    I think the only thing I'd still use Cokin's for are graduated filters. Other than that, I think they're more cumbersome than they're worth. I'd rather buy filters that will fit my largest lens, and use them on smaller ones with step-up rings.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.