Filter Question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kanasgowatom, Nov 21, 2011.

1. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Has anyone used Cokin filters with the PL3? I used them on my DSLR, and they were okay. I am a bit older now, and the Cokin System seems as if it may be a tad difficult compared with screw mount filters.

Thank you
  2. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    I was recently looking into this as I wanted to use my Cokin P holders and Singh-Ray graduated ND filters with my E-P3 (I find the screw-in grads to be useless as they can't be adjusted to match the boundary in the scenery between light and dark).

If you have the P series, the adapter ring only goes down to 48mm, so depending on the lens you're using, a step-up ring may be necessary. All of my m43 lenses have either a 37mm or 46mm diameter, so I'll be needing to get a few step up rings to take me up to the 58mm adapter ring which I have.
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I think the only thing I'd still use Cokin's for are graduated filters. Other than that, I think they're more cumbersome than they're worth. I'd rather buy filters that will fit my largest lens, and use them on smaller ones with step-up rings.