Filter Options?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chrism_scotland, Jul 30, 2011.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Been struggling a little with very bright sunlight here in Scotland and been wondering about using ND filters to try and help my shots, mainly using Canon FD lenses (24mm and 50mm) although I also have an Olympus 17mm and looking to add one of a Panasonic 14/20 or 14-45mm lenses also.

If I were to go for square filters would the smaller 85mm size ones be enough? I remember having to look at 100mm filters previously for ultra wide lenses on my Sony/Pentax such as the Sigma 10-20 but I guess this wouldn't be an issue on a m4/3 body unless I was using the 7-14 or 9-18 lenses?

2. Vripper

Vripper Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Did you find a solution?

3. Wormwood

Wormwood Mu-43 Regular

Aug 17, 2011
    Sydney, Australia
    ...very bright sunlight here in Scotland....

Priceless.

Wormwood

4. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I haven't bought any filters but I'm still looking, and yes Wormwood its been very sunny this summer.... in between the rain!

5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    The Coken P-series are perfect for micro four thirds. I used them on lenses as wide as the 9-18mm Olympus zoom and there was no vignetting with even the standard 3-slot holder. Note that you can also get a single slot "wide angle" holder in the 84mm P-series size.

If you still have any 1.5x crop cameras then you will find the P-series a bit tight for wide angle work on those cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  6. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Thanks Peter, I was hoping the Cokin P size would be fine as I can get them much cheaper than the larger Lee Filters I had before, I only have MFT these days so I don't need to worry about anything wider!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.