Filter holder for Panasonic 7-14mm Something New?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by microfourthirdsnut, Dec 5, 2012.

1. microfourthirdsnut

microfourthirdsnut Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2012
    Hitech Lucroit Wide Angle Filter Holder Adapter Ring HTLPAN714

Any one try this one? It is cheaper than the last one I posted.

Sorry guys,,,,my mistake.... This thing only attaches the filter holder to the lens or camera not sure anyway the actual filter holder is over 400 bucks.
    Still working on my DIY filter holder. I can't see spending that much coin on something like this
  2. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Do these filters cover the whole view?
    I mean, 7-14mm lenses covers nearly 180' angle!
  3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I would think so. And it's 'only' 114 degrees.

Still, it's absurdly expensive for a machined ring with a thread on it.
  4. Vincen77o

Vincen77o Mu-43 Regular

Nov 3, 2012
    St. Albans, Herts
    What kind of filters are you thinking of putting on this lens? I can only think you'd want to use a polarizer or perhaps NDs.
    That's a crazy price for a filter holder.
    I use to own an Oly Trip which took a basic square filter holder that screwed into the lens thread. These were available for all sizes of thread. Would this work?
    Unless I need a polarizer or ND, I can create any filter effect in Photoshop and with more control.
  5. veereshai

veereshai Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Arlington, VA
    Let me try the DIY method explained on a different thread here. I want to be able to use a 9-10 stop filter. Let's see how that works.
  6. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Primarily people want to be able to use ND/GND filters. Polarizers are not too useful for this wide of a lens unless the light source is in a very specific direction. Your certainly right about post-processing, most of us would like to extend our shutter times and darken the sky a bit.
    • Like Like x 1