Filmmaking: good resources to get started?

Discussion in 'Filmmaking' started by Klorenzo, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Hi, yesterday a friend of mine, involved in a stage play, told me that they do not have any good footage of their shows, probably just something shot on a smartphone. So I thought that maybe I could give it a try. We are talking about something to put on Facebook/Youtube.

And I realized that I know about nothing about filmmaking except for a few minor technical details. I'm thinking about framing, video editing, audio recording, tripod vs handheld, when if ever to zoom or use AF, etc. And all the others topic I'm missing out completely.

So I'm starting to look for something on youtube but any quality, thorough starting point is welcome (video or text or even books). I'm not even sure if it's better to look for filmmaking, videography or just video.

My camera is an E-M10 with a few lenses but I'm worried more about the "trade" than about the gear, even if understanding if more then one camera is mandatory or external audio recording would be nice, or if it's bad to mix video from different sources, like 1080p with 720p or Oly H.264 with Pana AVCHD.
    • Agree Agree x 1