Film Recommendations?

dornblaser

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David Dornblaser
We are breaking out the OM-1 kit with the express purpose of shooting B&W. We are looking for film recommendations, both 100/125 & 400. It has been too long since we purchased B&W film. We no longer have the ability to process the film ourselves so it will need to be out-sourced to a local photo shop. This came about over my wife's dinner conversation about how digital camera's B&W conversion do not have the same "character" as film did. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
I picked up an Arista brick to try too. Have yet to load it into one of my cameras though. Its hard to go past for the price.

If you're interested in experimenting then I've had good experience with all the usual suspects - Kodak Tri-X, Ilford FP4&HP5, Agfa APX (if you can find it) and Fuji Neopan 400.

The only one which didn't turn out so great was some Ilford Pan F+ - I badly underestimated exposure on my Rollieflex. I get this with Velvia 50 too - I steer clear of the slow stuff now and stay between ISO 100-800 - more my lack of skill than the film itself.

View attachment 286097

Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom