Film Noir anyone?

va3pinner

Mu-43 Regular
thank you for posting these! You've inspired me to start working with light, I'll mimic this with natural light and reflectors.

Paul C

Mu-43 Regular
Wonderful work Sir !

For those in envy and wanting to try out black and white
- can I just point out that the "Silver Efex Pro 2" B&W processing program is available to download for free from DxO. This seems to be the old Google version “Nik Collection 2012” rebadged. The new version is wonderful - but full credit to DXO for offerring a full-action version of their still excellent older software to tempt you into action !!!

I have so enjoyed using this program over recent months that I have set up an old M43 Olympus Pen Mini just for B&W work with Silver Efex Pro. Shoot in JPEG (B&W) and RAW and you get to visualise the B&W composition on screen as you shoot - but have all the colour channels ready for conversion.

neelsd

Mu-43 Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Masterful!!! Would you be so kind as to describe your lighting setup for these?
Appreciate the kind words.

For photo 1,2: Two lights left & right at 90 deg from camera; both with large thin strip modifiers with grids.
For photo 3,4: Left light moved forward at 45 deg with camera, same modifier; right light moved back to act as back light; 7" reflector with a 30% grid

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom