1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Film Mode feature on GF1

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Spaceghost33, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Spaceghost33

Spaceghost33 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Christopher Stelter
    Just curious as to what "film mode" everyone typically shoots in. I think there are 9 total choices on the GF1 menu. Standard (color), Dynamic (color), Nature (color), Smooth (color), Nostalgic (color), Vibrant (color), Standard (B&W), Dynamic (B&W), Smooth (B&W). There are also options to set custom film types.

2. Tonyk

Tonyk New to Mu-43

Apr 9, 2010
    I just got my camera myself and am curious too. I saw one shot in BW and thought it was cool to be able to shoot a shot in BW and maybe it can look pretty decent but I am sure there are some settings to adjust to go with it to make it more personal. I really like my raw developer and feel raw is the way to go but its more work but the payoff to me is more film like and real. Having these settings aboard is pretty neat to explore though.
    My developer~
    http://www.iridientdigital.com/products/

3. Alan Wolf

Alan Wolf Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Dynamic

for color with contrast, sharpness, and saturation all at -1. For Black and white, also dynamic, with everything at 0. I tend to work any images that I like in RAW, but the jpgs out of the camera are generally quite acceptable, much nicer than one would expect given much of the badmouthing (though not on this forum!!) the Lumix jpgs get.