1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

File Size

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Brian Beezley, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

Cannot load a JPG greater than 2 MB even though the upload page says no file size limit.

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Gallery or attachment?

3. Brian Beezley

Gallery. It's not really a problem for me as I lowered my file size, which was a bit too large anyway. But I thought I'd alert you.

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brian Beezley

Having said that, it would be nice if the apparent 2MB restriction could be lifted. This morning I was unable to upload a 2,103,035-byte file of the pixel dimensions I wanted. Evidently it was just over the limit. It was just too much trouble to reprocess the image from RAW to lower the file size (it takes two programs and a number of operations) so I abandoned the upload.

Brian

5. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I hit this problem today. I wanted to send a full-size 4000x3000 jpg to another user in a PM. There seems to be no attachment option for a PM, so I tried to upload the image to my gallery so I could link or attach it to the PM, but the upload failed because the file was too big even though the page said there was no size limit.

Edit: I found what may be the answer in another thread. It said there is a 1500 pixel limit on the longest size of the image, so I guess that would restrict the upload even if file size was unlimited.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    This limit has been lifted. You should be able to upload files up to 30MB now, but if they are greater than 1500px wide they will be resized.

• Like Like x 3