- Jun 14, 2017
- Northern Utah
Fielding Garr, a widower with nine children, arrived on Antelope Is. in 1848 to commence ranching. The Garr house is the oldest continually inhabited Angelo house in Utah and the second oldest house still on it original foundation. It was continually occupied from 1848 until 1981 when ranching ceased operation and the cattle were removed from the island. The property was then transferred to the state of Utah and became a Utah State Park.