1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Few shots with the OMD - First Weekend

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by chrism_scotland, Jul 14, 2012.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Todays been the first day I've got out since receiving the EM5 last weekend due to the dire weather!

I don't know if maybe I was expecting too much but picture quality wise I don't see a massive jump from my old EP2, although perhaps I've been spolit with my brief affair with the Fuji X-Pro 1.

Gave all my lenses a whirl and wasn't overly impressed with the 9-18mm but like I've said before I do prefer a prime!

The 25mm is outstanding though and very similar to the 35mm lens on the Fuji XP1, very sharp!

The 45mm as well I really like, I did have one before on my EP2 and it was a cracker.

Will certainly have some decisions to make lens wise.

A few shots from today, I tend to try the same few shots whenever I get new kit to see what I think!

7570829196_79f971eb4f.
    Scottish Govt HDR by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

7570839086_913dbd0071.
    Shore - EM5 by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

7570836666_df84d3f355.
    The Shore HDR - EM5 by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

7570833206_3e5d4d0252.
    Yellow Flowers - Panasonic 25mm by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I have both cameras too and find that I'm using the EM5 more. The Fuji makes me think I'm taking great pictures but in reality I have far more keepers with the EM5. I've found it quite a jump from the EP3 that I sold recently, especially in the higher iso department. I get better shots in low light due to the IS with the Olympus I think. Not to detract from the Fuji as I got some great pictures from it when I used it at my daughter's wedding. The colours were just right :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I've probably spent more time evaluating lenses than the camera, as part of the deal I got the EM5, 25mm, 9-18mm and 45mm, none of which are lenses I'd used before so I'm keen to see what I think are keepers and what I will sell on for other glass.

I suspect that once I've had more time to play I will be happier, the only place I can see the the XP1 is definetly better is high ISO's, I had no issue using up to 6400 on the X-Pro but from a quick try on the EM5 I think I'd be hesitant to use anymore than 3200.

4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I really like the similarity in tonality in sky and foreground, because of the sky reflected in the water, in the first 3 shots and I really like the presence of the bird in the 3rd shot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Like Like x 1