1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Few shots with the OMD - First Weekend

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by chrism_scotland, Jul 14, 2012.

1. chrism_scotland

chrism_scotland Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Todays been the first day I've got out since receiving the EM5 last weekend due to the dire weather!

I don't know if maybe I was expecting too much but picture quality wise I don't see a massive jump from my old EP2, although perhaps I've been spolit with my brief affair with the Fuji X-Pro 1.

Gave all my lenses a whirl and wasn't overly impressed with the 9-18mm but like I've said before I do prefer a prime!

The 25mm is outstanding though and very similar to the 35mm lens on the Fuji XP1, very sharp!

The 45mm as well I really like, I did have one before on my EP2 and it was a cracker.

Will certainly have some decisions to make lens wise.

A few shots from today, I tend to try the same few shots whenever I get new kit to see what I think!

7570829196_79f971eb4f.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Scottish Govt HDR by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

7570839086_913dbd0071.jpg

Shore - EM5 by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

7570836666_df84d3f355.jpg

The Shore HDR - EM5 by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

7570833206_3e5d4d0252.jpg

Yellow Flowers - Panasonic 25mm by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  2. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I have both cameras too and find that I'm using the EM5 more. The Fuji makes me think I'm taking great pictures but in reality I have far more keepers with the EM5. I've found it quite a jump from the EP3 that I sold recently, especially in the higher iso department. I get better shots in low light due to the IS with the Olympus I think. Not to detract from the Fuji as I got some great pictures from it when I used it at my daughter's wedding. The colours were just right :) 

• Like Like x 1
  3. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I've probably spent more time evaluating lenses than the camera, as part of the deal I got the EM5, 25mm, 9-18mm and 45mm, none of which are lenses I'd used before so I'm keen to see what I think are keepers and what I will sell on for other glass.

I suspect that once I've had more time to play I will be happier, the only place I can see the the XP1 is definetly better is high ISO's, I had no issue using up to 6400 on the X-Pro but from a quick try on the EM5 I think I'd be hesitant to use anymore than 3200.

4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    I really like the similarity in tonality in sky and foreground, because of the sky reflected in the water, in the first 3 shots and I really like the presence of the bird in the 3rd shot.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chrism_scotland

Jun 1, 2011
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    A few more from this evening,

7577674080_19318d172e.jpg

Swan, Water of Leith by chrism_scotland, on Flickr

7577675794_581589a5e9.jpg

7577672976_6811a68e62.jpg

My own favourite has to be first one, in a larger size the 45mm shows its quality, can make out the beads of water on the Swans neck in the first one!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.