1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Few from downtown Portland

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by tdekany, Jun 19, 2012.

1. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    • Like Like x 3
  2. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    Real nice set.
    I like taking pics in Portland.

3. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Thank you Dave very much. Portland is the coolest city in my book. I love it here. :)

PS: I like your 7-14mm pictures. I sure want one of those in the very near future. :D

4. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I like the panorama in the second photo. Very dramatic skies too. Nice!

5. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Thank you so much Steven. :thumbup:

I like that 2nd photo as well. I didn't realize at the time that it would look like this. Better than expected :biggrin:

I was in a bit of a hurry.

6. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    It took me a bit to find the third flag referenced in the title of the first shot; bit of a "Where's Waldo" moment. After I blew the shot up and got out the loupe I actually uncovered (at least) four U.S. flags in the image (on the boat, on the flagpole in the park, atop the Umpqua Bank building and atop the building just above the treetops on the extreme right) along with numerous Pride flags in the park itself. Now my OCD prompts me to ask which three flags you had in mind.

Your shots are nice, although the third one strikes me as a bit of the worst of "street photography" shot as it is across the street and of subjects who would likely not really wish to be photographed in their current circumstances. As well, it doesn't fit with the others which all (except #5) could be displayed under the "City of Bridges" theme. Just my two cents. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

7. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
  8. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon