Feedback wanted re: Lazy loading images

Amin Sabet

Administrator
In response to the fact that some members are on slow internet connections, I installed an addon to enable lazy loading images, which means that images don't load until you scroll to near the part of the page where the image is shown.

In the past, this was a buggy feature and caused some images to load in the wrong aspect ratio or to not resize with the browser window. Please let me know if you notice any bugs and whether you like it or not. Thank you!

Amin Sabet

Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
The lazy loading feature seems to be causing some unexpected results when browsing on my iPhone 11, iOS 13.3.1. Not certain when this began as I was recently playing with my preferences and may have changed my long-standing lazy loading setting.

When I tap on the bell icon then tap on an alert I am taken to the correct thread and the correct page in that thread. But the post that the screen settles on after images have loaded is not the one I’ve been notified of, it’s always one many posts back up the page.

This occurs with lazy loading set to both ‘enabled’ and ‘disabled’. However I have discovered that with the setting ‘no selection’ I don’t have this problem.

Anyone else experience similar?

Amin Sabet

Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right now there is a different lazy loading being applied to mobile, and it is not controlled by the setting. Thanks for pointing out the bug. I will do some testing to see if that lazy loading is necessary for page speed and weigh that against the problem you have noted.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
Right now there is a different lazy loading being applied to mobile, and it is not controlled by the setting. Thanks for pointing out the bug. I will do some testing to see if that lazy loading is necessary for page speed and weigh that against the problem you have noted.
Little update: I’ve changed the setting on my phone to default to desktop view for this site now and the problem is gone.

It means I lose the mobile bar, which I like, but getting to the right post is more important.

Real Name
Chris
The lazy loading feature seems to be causing some unexpected results when browsing on my iPhone 11, iOS 13.3.1. Not certain when this began as I was recently playing with my preferences and may have changed my long-standing lazy loading setting.

When I tap on the bell icon then tap on an alert I am taken to the correct thread and the correct page in that thread. But the post that the screen settles on after images have loaded is not the one I’ve been notified of, it’s always one many posts back up the page.

This occurs with lazy loading set to both ‘enabled’ and ‘disabled’. However I have discovered that with the setting ‘no selection’ I don’t have this problem.

Anyone else experience similar?
The same behavior for me on iPhone.

WT21

Super Moderator
I had no idea the site was so configurable. That’s some serious Yeoman’s work there Amin, that you give us all those options and are still working on more.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
Problem seems to be back again :dash2:

I made a little video to illustrate what’s happening.

What this shows is me taping on the link to Pondball’s post in the O300mm showcase thread, the screen initially going exactly where it should, and then jumping back up several posts where it eventually settles.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom