1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Feedback Wanted on Site Performance

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    We've made a few changes recently, most notably moving to a new, powerful server 10 days ago, but also a bunch of tweaking today.

Please respond to the poll. Comments also appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. blue

blue Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2010
    UK
    Initially was going to say "hadn't noticed", but actually I think the image-heavy threads are loading more quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It probably depends on where everyone is located. Those living in the eastern US probably get the best site speeds because that's where our server is. My goal is to get the site downright snappy for everyone. I know our new server hardware is up to the task. I just need to get everything optimized without breaking anything :smile:.

With the image-heavy threads, it will be very dependent on everyone's own internet speeds as well. Most of the images are hosted by sites which have great performance (Flickr, etc).

4. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    Same here. I usually only notice when a site is too slow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    I've never had an issue with the speed apart from threads with lots of photos which are still a little slow
    This is of no consequence
    I'd say there are no issues with the speed of the site
    Rob
    UK

• Like Like x 1
  6. nianys

nianys Mu-43 Regular

I'd say I haven't noticed any significant difference, but speed was very good to start with. I'm in France, Paris area.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    A lot of the speed I experience is limited by the bandwidth coming in and the number of computers on the network (everyone in the house has a computer, I have a tablet and a notebook, my wife has an IPad, and the church office runs off of the same network). I'm getting good speed - so your server is working well. Thanks for the hard work.

• Like Like x 1