Feedback wanted on new mobile style

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I've created a mobile version of this site to make using the forum easier for those on a phone without having to use the forum app or Tapatalk. For those of you who visit the site from a phone, please check it out (should be the new default forum style for those visiting from a phone) and give me your feedback.

It's very rough around the edges right now - on my todo list are tweaking the looks, colors, size of the reply box, adding a thanks button, and making Buy/Sell fully functional, but I thought that even in its current form it is more usable than the "full" version of the site when it comes to working on a small phone screen.

darosk

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Daros
Posting from the mobile site on my Android. Everything seems to be working just fine. Nice and quick loading as a mobile site should be, and you're right Amin, a lot more usable than the full site.

50orsohours

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sorry Amin - I always prefer the full size versions on any forum I visit via my iPhone. So I panicked for a few second just now when I came on here.

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
A few observations:

- The fonts of the posts are large compared to the header (and the font size of the Reply button are larger than the body text) - just a little imbalanced for my eye.
- On my iPhone 5, I always have to zoom out everytime I load a new page

Amin Sabet

Administrator
A few observations:

- The fonts of the posts are large compared to the header (and the font size of the Reply button are larger than the body text) - just a little imbalanced for my eye.
- On my iPhone 5, I always have to zoom out everytime I load a new page

Hi Herbert - the "front page" format is all messed up, but in the thread view in the forums I don't have to zoom out at all on my wife's iPhone 5. Is it the same for you or is the thread view also messed up when you click on New Posts and then select a thread?

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
Hi Herbert - the "front page" format is all messed up, but in the thread view in the forums I don't have to zoom out at all on my wife's iPhone 5. Is it the same for you or is the thread view also messed up when you click on New Posts and then select a thread?
I just tried again and my initial observation is that if the page is all-text I dont have to zoom out (but the fonts on the first page are huge; once you go to page 2 fonts are back to normal). But try one of the native lens sample image threads. I get this (screenshot):

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Edit: My initial observations doesn't bear out. I've loaded some threads with images (like the "Is my 12-40 soft?" thread) and it zooms out by itself, although with about a second delay. Same for the Holga sample image thread. But the Oly body cap lens thread (my screen shot) still doesn't zoom out.

Sent from my iPhone

gcogger

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Graeme
I tried it briefly and went back to desktop mode, but I guess that's what I do on most sites. I just don't like losing functionality (especially things like marking the forum as read).

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
- I'd like a profile option to suppress buy/sell threads in the New Posts views
- I miss the "first unread" button once in a thread