1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Feedback please: youtube series by μ43-using biologists

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Arachnarchy, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Arachnarchy

Arachnarchy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2015
    A couple weeks ago we started a youtube channel called CritterSnap. We are four biologists from the USA and Europe, and use photo/videography as part of our work. The topics are gear, techniques, and animal science. Two of us are exclusive micro four thirds users (check out Sören Franzenburg's great macro shots, he uses the Olympus EM5). The newest episode is here:

We're still pretty new at this youtube thing, so I'd very much appreciate comments and suggestions. Thanks!

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    I'd hate to say this... but people have limited attention span on the internet. Unless the topic is particularly interesting to me, I find it hard to sit down and watch a 37min video. I stopped at the ~5min mark.

I did enough looking through some of soren's photos, though.

3. Arachnarchy

Arachnarchy Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 9, 2015
    Yeah we've been discussing this... it started out as a substitute for our in-person discussions when we all moved to different places after working together. We were influenced by audio podcasts I guess - making it 5-10 minutes would mean a highly produced and scripted video, which isn't what we wanted to go for. However, we're planning to do 'shorts' in the future that are more like that.