February 2010 : Lightzone Raw Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BartonFlyer

Mu-43 Regular
Noa - Don't CONVERT the image, just SAVE it - use the save icon on the toolbar - thta will create the _lzn.jpg file and that is the one you upload - it contains a 1024 x 1024 version of the image AND all the editing info

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Yes - that works perfectly BB, why not try another rendition... maybe get creative with the crop tool, and a completely different style?

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Yes - I've attached a screenshot with the crop icon highlighted. Once in this mode, you can drag the corners of the crop box inwards... You can also specify and lock the aspect ratio.

Also, if you hover the mouse around a corner of the crop - you'll see the cursor change to a rotate icon... use this to drag the crop around.

Hope this helps! I've uploaded another couple of examples to the gallery which use crop and rotate.

Cheers

Brian

Attachments

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I've been downloading each _lzn.jpg to see how you are applying the tools and I have to say, I'm very impressed!

One thing, I noticed with Ian's post to the gallery here :
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

is that he'd used the B&W conversion layer with a neutral colour... you can click on the colour wheel in the B&W tool and fine tune the B&W conversion - here I've moved the filter out to yellow, to allow more yellow light through to the final B&W.

I've also moved the filter strength up from 1 to 2...

Resulting in the lighter step in the attachment.

Lightzone is incredibly powerful for creating B&W conversions - using very simple tools.

Cheers

Brian

Attachments

BartonFlyer

Mu-43 Regular
I have to say that I'm mega impressed with Lightzone, as a long time PaintShopPro user it is certainly a lot easier and more intuitive when doing the equivelent of "levels" adjustments etc.

At the moment E-P2 RAW is not supported, promised for next release.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Ian,

Don't worry, we'll have E-P2 support in due course... we have received excellent support from Light Crafts for the Olympus Photo Safari Group. :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

marceloanelli

Mu-43 Rookie
Brian,
I have two questions:

1.-For linux user the LZ 3.8 version has been not released, they are out of the contest?
2.-I am betatesting for LightCrafts for the 3.8.2 version, I am related with LightZone? And if not can be used the beta version?

sorry for my ugky english,
regards,
Marcelo Anelli

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Marcelo, thank you for accepting my invitation to join us - and welcome to the forum!

Lightzone 3.7 does not support the Olympus E-P1... which we're using for this contest - I can use the Panasonic G1 for the next one, if 3.8 isn't ready for Linux by then (first week in March).

In the meantime, it would be great if you would join us for this contest - if your beta v3.8.2 is compatible with the files we're using. Your experience will be most welcome!

Cheers

Brian

Amin Sabet

Administrator
Thanks Brian for making this happen!

My entry for the contest is below. As a site admin, I am ineligible to win a prize but didn't want to miss out on the fun :smile:.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View image in gallery

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks Amin,

the rules are clear - if you're associated with Light Crafts, already own the package or just decide to pass on the prize that's you're choice - no problem! - the prize passes to the next down the line.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
You can upload images to the gallery any time... but voting will take place through the first week in March, with voting closed afterwards.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Folks, I'm going to open voting this evening, before retiring to bed (another couple of hours to go)... you'll still be able to add renditions to the contest gallery after voting starts - but voting will be closed on Friday 5th March, and a winner announced on Saturday 6th March.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Voting is now open - you only get one vote, so take your time and choose the rendition you prefer in our contest gallery here.

Any problems / comments, please post here - I will start the March contest tomorrow evening.

Cheers

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom