Featured: 'The fair comes to town' by Al.

Al.

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alan
The following images are from the worlds biggest travelling fair, That arrives into Hull (my home city) for 1 week every year, records show its been coming here since the 13th century.

All shot with EM-5 and Panasonic 14mm lens, all shot out of camera jpegs.

(note 3rd image is a blend of night and day)

0233.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

0013.jpg

0133.jpg

0261.jpg

0143.jpg

0293.jpg

0023.jpg

0043.jpg

0152.jpg

0192.jpg

0271.jpg

0333.jpg

0101.jpg

0084.jpg

Mu-43 Legend
Great series. That first picture feels really ominous, lol.

Loved looking through them. Thanks for posting.

Al.

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alan
I went on 4 separate occasions, the day before it opened, a day visit and 2 night visits, the last night produced the sunset. The longest shutter speed was 1.3 seconds were the 5 axis IS came into its own as I don't like using tripods.

D

Deleted member 20897

Fairs are always a great place to get images, such diversity of subject matter. Thanks for sharing.

Alpha Whiskey Photography

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Fantastic shots. Especially the first shot of the incredible sunset. I had the Panny 14 but sold it. Great to see it being used to such impressive effect. :)

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
The following images are from the worlds biggest travelling fair, That arrives into Hull (my home city) for 1 week every year, records show its been coming here since the 13th century.

each shot a gem ... but I agree with your choice of which to put first, that one has stunning colours and tones.

CGI could not do better

dannsing

Mu-43 Regular
Very nice set! I just picked up the Pany 14mm and you have me inspired! And you did these handheld, too. Nice job!

c0ldc0ne

Mu-43 Regular
When you say that these are out of camera JPEGs, does that mean that no post processing was applied at all?

Also, can you think of a reason for the rather nasty posterization going on in the bottom left corner of the first image? No criticism BTW, just an observation.

Al.

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alan
Hi, when I say, out of camera jpegs, maybe a bit misleading, as I have cropped slightly and added a bit of vignette. What I mean't was, that they were not shot RAW
I never shoot RAW as my lightroom is version 3 and my photoshop is an early Cs6 and both will not recognise my Raw files from my EM5

Now you mention it, the foreground does look a bit garish, I think I was bit too heavy trying to pull the shadows, Now if I had shot RAW.......

And Yes all ,hand held, the longest 1.3 seconds but most taken at 1/30th - 1/60th

aukirk

Mu-43 Veteran
Wow... these are really great. Wonderful to see what can be done in the right hands. Inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. How many shots did you take during your four visits. My biggest problem recently has been over-shooting... you got some stunning images.

Latest threads

Top Bottom